Anyone know any good tricks???

Yes, I'm with m.kitchengirl, Muscovies have a reputation as seasonal layers, and yours have been recently moved. Nice looking setup, by the way!!!

Enjoy getting to know them before they start breeding like Muscovies, and you have piles of eggs and bunches of little peepers running around.

Check their accommodations and do what you can to provide nice nesting material and a couple of cubbies, perhaps. Now, I know some 'scovies will choose their own place no matter what you do, so bear that in mind as well.
lol.png

There are so many Muscovy people here on the Duck Forum that watching their posts will be a big help.

Looking at the photo again, it looks like one of the ducks is full grown and the other six are a bit smaller. Could it be you have one mature female and the rest are younger? Maybe they're not as old as you've been told? Just a thought.

Yes, I'm with m.kitchengirl, Muscovies have a reputation as seasonal layers, and yours have been recently moved. Nice looking setup, by the way!!!

Enjoy getting to know them before they start breeding like Muscovies, and you have piles of eggs and bunches of little peepers running around.

Check their accommodations and do what you can to provide nice nesting material and a couple of cubbies, perhaps. Now, I know some 'scovies will choose their own place no matter what you do, so bear that in mind as well.
lol.png

There are so many Muscovy people here on the Duck Forum that watching their posts will be a big help.

Looking at the photo again, it looks like one of the ducks is full grown and the other six are a bit smaller. Could it be you have one mature female and the rest are younger? Maybe they're not as old as you've been told? Just a thought.

Yeah! I actually noticed that too! Both o the Drakes are huge so I am pretty sure they are old enough to breed! Only 1maybe 2 of the ducks are close to their size though! They did say they were from 2 different batches but that they were all 7 months old! Maybe they just don't have a clue! They sure didn't know how to feed them correctly!

I'd take out the heat lamp, they are ducks with down coats on they don't need heat. I have had Muscovies for 8 years and mine have Never laid an egg in the winter. They start in March end in Oct.

Back
Top Bottom