Any White Holland chickens out there? (Possibly extinct variety!)

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
The Holland is a critically endangered breed! There were originally two varieties, Barred and White. The White variety is thought to have gone extinct, but last year I met an APA judge who had seen some White Hollands at a show a few weeks back!

So, are you out there, White Holland breeders? Do you know somebody who breeds these guys? I would love to believe that they are still around!

The White Holland has been extinct for many years. Sandhill doesn't have any infromation on them. Those White Hollands that the APA judge saw could have been recreated. It isn't impossible for the White Holland to be recreated, and there might be the slightest chance that the original White Holland has survived, but I find that unlikely. The most reasonable explanations are either, those weren't White Hollands, or that breeder had recreated them.

The White Holland has been extinct for many years. Sandhill doesn't have any infromation on them. Those White Hollands that the APA judge saw could have been recreated. It isn't impossible for the White Holland to be recreated, and there might be the slightest chance that the original White Holland has survived, but I find that unlikely. The most reasonable explanations are either, those weren't White Hollands, or that breeder had recreated them.
She's a good judge so I don't doubt that they were White Hollands, but I do wonder if they recreated them. I've thought about doing that myself if they really were extinct.

Back
Top Bottom