Any Home Bakers Here?

I had to sign in ....in order to get messges. DARN.
I sure hope AOL will solve the problem...the man I got at AOL
....was very difficult to understand. Later I received an email
from AOL with a survey. I answered it and told them about the
problem. The man I was speaking with COULD NOT....STRANGE.
Will look forward to them solving the problem. Thank you all
for understanding. Aria

The changes to my GF bread recipe worked VERY WELL!!! It's the best loaf I've ever made!
IMG_6169.JPG
I'll post the recipe in a bit.

I had to sign in ....in order to get messges. DARN.
I sure hope AOL will solve the problem...the man I got at AOL
....was very difficult to understand. Later I received an email
from AOL with a survey. I answered it and told them about the
problem. The man I was speaking with COULD NOT....STRANGE.
Will look forward to them solving the problem. Thank you all
for understanding. Aria
Penny Joe, I got Sally B message not yours. STRANGE.
They said I had to visit the site before I get message. OK

I am visiting. Hope AOL...fixes this problem. I will continue to
try...that is visiting. Thank your for knowing what is going on.
Aria

Gluten Free White Bread

420 grams of GF flour (see note)
3 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons salt (regular table salt)
1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed to 95 F degrees
4 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 egg whites at room temperature

In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, and yeast by hand with a wire whisk. Add the salt and mix again.

Using the mixer, add the milk, butter, apple cider vinegar, and egg whites, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the bowl, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. It will be thick, smooth, and wet, like a thick batter.

Scrape into a buttered 9x5 loaf pan. Cover with a buttered piece of waxed paper and let rise in a warm spot until the dough is about 150% of original volume, 30-45 minutes.

Remove the waxed paper and bake at 375 F for 45-60 minutes, to an internal temperature of 195-205 F. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cover to finish cooling on a rack.

Note: I use Namaste brand GF flour. It contains xanthan gum. If the flour you use doesn't have it, add 2 1/4 teaspoons to the dry mix at in the mixer bowl.

Gluten Free White Bread

420 grams of GF flour (see note)
3 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons salt (regular table salt)
1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed to 95 F degrees
4 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 egg whites at room temperature

In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, and yeast by hand with a wire whisk. Add the salt and mix again.

Using the mixer, add the milk, butter, apple cider vinegar, and egg whites, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the bowl, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. It will be thick, smooth, and wet, like a thick batter.

Scrape into a buttered 9x5 loaf pan. Cover with a buttered piece of waxed paper and let rise in a warm spot until the dough is about 150% of original volume, 30-45 minutes.

Remove the waxed paper and bake at 375 F for 45-60 minutes, to an internal temperature of 195-205 F. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cover to finish cooling on a rack.

Note: I use Namaste brand GF flour. It contains xanthan gum. If the flour you use doesn't have it, add 2 1/4 teaspoons to the dry mix at in the mixer bowl.
Sally, Thanks for posting recipe. I do know that sourdough Bread...is a Probiotic and is healthy for digestion. Your loaf
is super looking....It should be delicious. Aria

Back
Top Bottom