Any Home Bakers Here?

Ok I’ve got a good one for all. Father in law used to own a donut shop. One day while frying I decided to do a little experiment. He would make a very large apple fritter. So I weighed it before frying and dunking into glaze. 8 ounces before, and a full pound after frying and glaze. That’s 8 ounces of lard and sugar. Didn’t eat another after that. Darn things were really good fresh out of the glaze too. There were never any leftover at the end of the day.
It is very hard to find a good apple fritter anymore! At least here in Woodland

I know this is late in the topic but yes I have made several types of bread before and it was a rewarding experience, even if it id take a few hours...
Hi Ted!

If I am at home anyway, it does not matter much about how long it takes. Most of the time in baking bread is waiting

No1 son asked for a sandwich loaf so have done two breads today. Not risen as well this week but hey ho.
IMG_20210217_171637939.jpg
IMG_20210217_171650524.jpg

All the little air pockets filled with lard and sugar, almost wished I didn’t weigh them.
So true, then you could have still been eating them!

There is zero gluten in fat and sugar.
Yep, so Sally can make GF fat and sugar ladened apple fritters!

I love baking and cooking and I worked at a country club's kitchen for a few months before covid
You can Debby (@N F C) can compare notes!

Nice looking stuff you posted.

Back
Top Bottom