Ant problem in dove food!

I've never really had any softbills, they seem pretty tricky.
The Amethyst are stunning! That purple!
I actually think the European are the prettiest though.
They were gorgeous. I had two pairs and almost had them nesting at one point, but the oldest male died and the younger pair wasn't old enough. The original hen got so calm after he died. She'd eat out of my hand. And they both would mimic little whistles and sounds they'd heard.

They were gorgeous. I had two pairs and almost had them nesting at one point, but the oldest male died and the younger pair wasn't old enough. The original hen got so calm after he died. She'd eat out of my hand. And they both would mimic little whistles and sounds they'd heard.
What was your setup for them like?

What was your setup for them like?
They were indoors in a double flight cage with a few pairs of finches, a pair of diamond doves, and a pair of Bourke Parakeets. They had a really varied diet of pellets, egg food, mealworms, phoenix worms, fresh fruit, lory nectar, lory powder, lory jelly, fruit sauces, etc. The flight was "planted" to offer them privacy. She'd begun working a large cockatiel box when they were getting ready to go to nest. Of course, with wild-caught imports, you don't have any idea how old they are, and my friend had already had them several years before they came to live with me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom