duckduckseuss

Chirping
Mar 6, 2019
I hatched 3 precious Ancona ducklings over the weekend! First one named “Doctor” hatched on its own with the exception of my making a safety hole after internal pipping.
I’m wondering what color doctor could be considering the s/he is ALL YELLOW AND PINK!!! Literally no markings whatsoever. And yes, this is definitely an Ancona (the breeder only has Ancona’s.)
What do you guys think? Silver or lilac maybe?

Thing 1 & Thing 2 were our next (in that order) both were full on assists. Thing 1 was positioned pretty well but was super sticky and couldn’t pip or zip. Thing 2 was sticky AND malpositioned (head near pointy end)- that was scary but I got both out safe and sound! Wondering what anyone here thinks their colors might be...
Here’s Thing 1’s body

And Thing 2’s

PS I love them so much!!

Attachments

• B6282FE1-B2AD-409D-A13B-98114F13A1D3.jpeg
    B6282FE1-B2AD-409D-A13B-98114F13A1D3.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 39
  • ABC0A136-FD11-4EFE-BA61-047C6E08F272.jpeg
    ABC0A136-FD11-4EFE-BA61-047C6E08F272.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 8
Beautiful babies. It is perfectly common for pure white ducklings to come out and still be pure Ancona, it has something to do with split silver I believe(Doctor will be this: white). Thing one and Thing two appear to be chocolates.
:eek:
WOW COOL! I didn’t know they could be pure white! I think Pekins are so cute but I love the Ancona breed so now I feel like I lucked out and got the best of both worlds with my little guy/gal! Yippee!
:wee

To everyone else following- I’ll continue to post pictures as they grow!
:love

Looks to be a white. Still can be a pure ancona but shouldn't be used for breeding as that one will produce more whites (anconas should have an asymmetrical colored spotty pattern).

Silvers and lilacs are light in color as babies, but usually have color under the eyes and on the feet.
Gotcha.
These babies won’t be used for breeding. Just as pets and garden helpers :)
Doctor literally has no markings and came from a blue egg!

Back
Top Bottom