All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Very good point. I should have been a little clearer in what I was saying. I don't believe it is God's desire for me to be in pain or to suffer. But I do think he allows pain or suffering to happen and I should grow from it when it does. Does that even make sense, maybe not, lol.

I guess my point was this.....

If I sprain my ankle tomorrow, should I think God caused it to happen to me? 🤔

Well said.

I agree 100%. I just don't feel like He intended pain, suffering, or an untimely death in His "plan for me". BUT when pain or suffering arises (caused by other factors) I am supposed to lean on him, grow stronger, and overcome. I could be wrong, that's just how I perceive it currently....

This is what I was trying to get at but you worded it much better than I did. He doesn't always cause it but He allows it.

I actually read a little bit today (chapter 38-39) when I started typing my post. It's what got me thinking about it. It was very interesting to see how God spoke to Job. He really put him in his place. I would not want to be on the receiving end of that interrogation. I will definitely read all of it....

Sorry if this is not the right place to bring this up but I had been thinking of the "God is control" and untimely deaths thing a while back and her accident kind of reminded me again so I thought I would mention it....
It is also a good thing to remember before man fell in the garden, death and pain did not exist. Death and pain are a result of man’s sin.
Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

I hope y’all have a blessed day!

It’s a complicated subject, and one that we may not be able to fully understand.

Isaiah 55:8-9

[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
[9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I’ve had a lot of hard things happen in my life, and have felt so full of despair that I tried to kill myself. One thing we talk a LOT about as staff at my job is that we live in a broken world. Paul suffered so much, but he also rejoiced in the goodness of God!

2 Corinthians 11:24-28

“[24] Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. [25] Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; [26] on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; [27] in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. [28] And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches.”

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

“[8] Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. [9] But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [10] For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

I could write so much more… but this is what I think is important to know.

We live in a broken world. But, we have a hope. In heaven…
Revelation 21:4 “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

I am looking forward to that day!

Hazel is home, and looking quite cheerful, considering how bad it looks.
She has got an open area almost as big as the palm of my hand, so it will take a long time to heal, but the vet was hopful he got it all out and she will get better.
All I can do now is look after her, moniter her, and pray for her, but I know what ever happens she will be very well loved.
praying!

Back
Top Bottom