All the Christian Homeschoolers!

I know some German, I hope to be at least conversational one day. Duolingo can only get you so far!
I'll just have to use my imagination then, I wish your project well!
Oh cool! I use duolingo a lot when I start a language and then switch to listening and reading later on. Do you have German heritage? I can understand it fairly well but I’ve never gotten comfortable speaking it. I have a lot of German books from my ancestors but they’re written with those old swirly letters, makes them kinda hard to read.
I may have heard of Sleeping Giant before, but I don't believe I've listened to any of their music.
The other Christian Metal bands I know consist of Demon Hunter, Oh Sleeper, and maybe a few others.
Hymns and chants are really cool! If they weren't so repetitive and monotonous I'd listen to them more often, but I prefer louder, slightly more... Explosive... music. I used to fall asleep to breakcore for goodness sake.
There was a big metal/hardcore scene around here years ago but it seems like it kind of died out. I used to go to a big Christian music festival an hour away every year but that quit a few years ago too.
The chants are a little repetitive haha. I’ve been trying to learn more about church history and stuff. I’m kind of torn between the non denominational churches I grew up with and admiring the beautiful traditions and style of the old denominations.

Thought I’d pop in and say hi! This is probably a longer intro, but here goes!

I’m Christian and homeschooled :D

There’s been a lot of hard things recently in my life - mental health struggles, the death of my teacher, and people I’m close to moving.

My faith

Sometimes I want to give up, but whenever I try God has put someone in my life to stop me (sometimes physically holding me back from doing something I can never take back.) I hate it in the moment, but now am so grateful. I’m not going to share too many details, but I can if you want.

I struggle with making friends, but I’m working on it! It’s easier for me to talk to adults or little kids.

Church is probably my favorite place to be. Each Sunday for first service I go to the ‘main’ service, lead Pre-K during second, and attend the high school group for third. On Tuesdays I attend a class for spiritual disciplines (I’m by far the youngest there 😂 )
On Wednesdays I go to Life Groups (basically youth group). There’s a great message (currently working our way through 2 Corinthians!) and a small group to discuss life. Sometimes there’s a prayer group after Life Groups that I usually attend. I’ve also participated on the worship team, although they asked me to take a break so I can focus on my mental health.

One of the things I enjoy is writing out Scripture. Basically this means I’m working on a manuscript of the New Testament. I grab a pen, notebook, and Bible (ESV) then work my way through a book. Currently I’ve hand-written the books Romans through Revelation, so I just have the gospels and Acts to do. Although it takes time, it’s been really helpful :D

My Bible is full of notes and highlights - once I started marking it up, I couldn’t stop! 😆View attachment 3503252View attachment 3503253View attachment 3503255

I love music - it helps me, encourages me, and inspires me. Some of my favorite artists are Leanna Crawford, Shane & Shane, Matthew West, Tauren Wells, and Danny Gokey.

I want to live for God and encourage His people as He has called me.

School

Technically my school is a bit weird, but it is considered homeschool. It’s like co-op, but not really either. I don’t know how to explain it, but I do most of my classes at home and a few classes there.

This year I’m taking Marine Biology, Creative Writing, U.S. History, and French. At home I’m teaching myself Algebra, art, and PE.

I love learning, although I certainly procrastinate a lot. :oops:

For college/my career, I either want to do youth ministry or something in the field of veterinary medicine. Currently, I feel God is calling me to Moody Bible Institute, which is in Chicago.

Animals

I absolutely adore animals. I love them and they comfort me.

My favorites are chickens, dogs, and horses, but I enjoy all (or most anyway) of the creatures that God has created. ❤️

My family and I have 17 chickens as of now. Three of them are mine, Cupcake, Nutmeg, and Safaia.

Cupcake (Buff Brahma)
View attachment 3503261

Safaia (Sapphire Gem)View attachment 3503262

Nutmeg (Silkie) she’s my ESA 🥰View attachment 3503263

There’s two dogs, Finley and Oliver. We’ve also fostered a couple over the past year.

Oliver (miniature poodle)
View attachment 3503264

Finley (miniature poodle)View attachment 3503265

There’s many other animals. My sister has an axolotl, my brother has a hedgehog, and there’s also my two parakeets. We had a cat, but she unfortunately passed away. View attachment 3503266View attachment 3503267View attachment 3503268View attachment 3503270

I also do horseback riding lessons one a week on a paint mare named Rain. View attachment 3503285

I suck at understanding sarcasm, but I LOVE memes and dad jokes. Here are few of my favorites:View attachment 3503271View attachment 3503272View attachment 3503273View attachment 3503274View attachment 3503275View attachment 3503276View attachment 3503277View attachment 3503278View attachment 3503279View attachment 3503280View attachment 3503281View attachment 3503282View attachment 3503283View attachment 3503284

I love chatting and am happy to answer any questions or give some encouragement! :hugs
Welcome!
I have so many things in common with you! Except being able to go to church that much, i wish i could. I love all animals and want to be a veterinarian!

Oh cool! I use duolingo a lot when I start a language and then switch to listening and reading later on. Do you have German heritage?
I think once I finish the German course on Duo, I will try to read "Waiting for Godot" in German, since we have it.
I have a very mixed heritage, but German is definitely one of them!
I can understand it fairly well but I’ve never gotten comfortable speaking it. I have a lot of German books from my ancestors but they’re written with those old swirly letters, makes them kinda hard to read.
Old calligraphy is beautiful, but incredibly annoying both to read and create.
There was a big metal/hardcore scene around here years ago but it seems like it kind of died out. I used to go to a big Christian music festival an hour away every year but that quit a few years ago too.
The chants are a little repetitive haha. I’ve been trying to learn more about church history and stuff. I’m kind of torn between the non denominational churches I grew up with and admiring the beautiful traditions and style of the old denominations.
Why be torn! I believe it's possible to admire the traditions of both.

I tried learning German for a year. Next year ill be taking Spanish classes, and EMR classes(emergency medical responder).
I've been doing German on and off for a few years. I did Spanish before that, but got bored. German is so much more fascinating to me, as many of my ancestors were German.

I know some German, I hope to be at least conversational one day. Duolingo can only get you so far!
I'll just have to use my imagination then, I wish your project well!

I may have heard of Sleeping Giant before, but I don't believe I've listened to any of their music.
The other Christian Metal bands I know consist of Demon Hunter, Oh Sleeper, and maybe a few others.
Hymns and chants are really cool! If they weren't so repetitive and monotonous I'd listen to them more often, but I prefer louder, slightly more... Explosive... music. I used to fall asleep to breakcore for goodness sake.
Oh that's really cool! I want to learn German someday. And that's impressive that you can fall asleep to music like that😅 I can not do that. I even have trouble falling asleep to slower, quieter music. I like listening to audio dramas to fall asleep to. Those put me to sleep so fast.

Oh that's really cool! I want to learn German someday. And that's impressive that you can fall asleep to music like that😅 I can not do that. I even have trouble falling asleep to slower, quieter music. I like listening to audio dramas to fall asleep to. Those put me to sleep so fast.
I honestly don't know why it puts me to sleep! But it's sort of a funny flex I suppose. 😂 Slower music is harder to fall asleep to sometimes, for me.

Back
Top Bottom