ALABAMA!!

Did any of you guys go to the Alabama Chicken and Egg Festival? I went and showed some birds there. I had a great time and will certainly be back next year. If you missed it you need to plan to attend next spring.

I went to the festival. It was my first time. It was pretty neat, but the chicken section was so crowded, it was difficult to get a good look at the birds. How did you do?

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to all the new folks

just got some more french bcms. I already had a pair of bcm clean legged, so i bought a trio of feather legged. I paid out the wayhoo... but hey you know they worth it. So what im going to do is sell my clean legged rooster ( huge guy, about 14-18 lbs) and just put the cleaned legged hen with the feather legged trio. Ill try and get some pics up tomorrow.

If you put the clean legged hen in with the feather legged trio, you will be messing with the chick genetics (some will be clean legged and it may be difficult to sort it out later). If you desire to sell chicks, or if you would like to have french standard marans, I would stick with the trio and sell the hen and the rooster as a pair. My guess is you could get more for them that way, too.

Just my opinion, however ...

Is your trio laying yet? How is egg color??

Wish you could join us at 2pm, FB, Mobile Bay Area Backyard chicken club, and you can get the name of the church, we normally meet at a members home, I am also new, and have only attend last months meeting, I do not know the Chruch we are able to use for our meeting this month, but it is on our site, On April 29,2012, Sunday at 2pm, there will be lite refreshments, and some door prizes,in a drawing raffle,which is free from being a member of the club, we do have a vet., who will be speaking, and there for any questions, so plz go to our FB page, and get the information, we would love to have you join us, Sorry that I do not know the address of the church or the name, but it is on our page, I have worked last night late, on Friday then I worked today and just got home.
thanks
Pollock Hill 20

Home the Mobile Bay Area BackYard Chicken Club, will work on a Egg and Chicken Festival here in Mobile, Deep South, Especially since my wife has Luemekia, and doesn't ride on long trips, nor can she sit for any length of time, walk, or stand, but can do all three for now,but not quickly or for any give time, we are hoping to be at the meeting, One of our goals is to grow and have informative meetings for the members of the club, and possible a swap meet in a few months, One of our big sponsors is St.Elmo Feed and Seed, we are working on getting other sponsors for the club, there is no club membership fee's at this time, we do ask members to bring a snack to share with the group, and our door prizes,which has helped with not having any membership fees at this time. Everyone welcome.....

I got all of my chickens settled and happy in there new home. We have 3 RIRs, a barred rock, a Catalana, a Jersey Giant, an Autralorp, and two Ameraucana- one black and one silver grey (she is younger and not quite laying yet- soon though) . We also have 3 Roos (2 Delaware- one mutt- who we adore- that were raised together- and who are GREAT friends. My hubby and I are going to give his friend (who also raises chickens) one of the Roos. We have room in the coop/yard for more-- but I am planning on expanding my yard a bit before I add to flock!

We are not interested in raising chickens from eggs- we just enjoy our birds so much. They bring huge joy to our life, and we give them a good safe life!

Back
Top Bottom