ALABAMA!!

We live in Mobile,Alabama and yes we ROLL TIDE FANS,
We have join the Mobile Bay Area BYC club,they are meeting Sunday at one of our members home, at 2pm, they are going to teach us how to cut the wings, for us newbies,and give us some other points on being a good BYC citizens, we had a good life long friend who give us our Rooster,(Clayton),then a few weeks later we went to a local flea market amd got Clayton 5-pullets hens to keep him company, but all we were told was that they were 14 to 17 weeks old, no details of what kind of chickens they were, so we got 5-hens, one of them died a few weeks later, she was the smallest one, but was sick when we got her we think, and being new didn't know any better. February 3rd,2012 we went to St. Elmo Seed and Feed and bought 8 baby chicks that were only 48 hrs old, they were born on February 1st, we also got our feed from there, and other supplies we need from them, they are more reasonable on there supplies than other Seed amd Feed sstores.

Today we went back to St. Elmo Seed and Feed and got 4 more new babies that was born, March 7th,2012, and they also are 48 hrs. old, so now our flock has 4 hens that should be about 20 to 22 weeks old, they are in the yard with Clayton (ROOSTER), but no eggs yet, and we have started them on laying mesh, but they will lay one day the GOLDEN EGG
(the first egg on Pollock Hill 20,) Good Luck with your flock,

Pollock Hill 20
Pollock and Polly

Pollock Hill 20

Welcome to BYC from Jefferson Co. Alabama.
highfive.gif

I now have eggs for sale from coronation sussex, black and lavender split orpingtons. You can see pictures of them on some earlier post. Anyone going to the show in april at moultan,Al?

I now have eggs for sale from coronation sussex, black and lavender split orpingtons. You can see pictures of them on some earlier post. Anyone going to the show in april at moultan,Al?

I plan to be there and would love to meet you and purchase a few of your orpingtons. I have seen your pictures before. What a beautiful flock you have!

This week - 29 eggs from 5 Barred Rocks. They are eating like horses and they love it when I gather some chickweed, grasses and other delectable garden stuff and "open the salad bar."

They are the funniest animals to watch and interact with. As soon as they hear the back door open or hear one of our voices they start pacing back and forth in the run. "Wwwwaaaat, wwwaaaat, wwwwaaaat, wwwaaaatttt are we getting for a treeeeeaaatt todaaaayyy?"

When it's time to "tuck them in" at night, my beagle walks back and forth to the back door "reminding" me that it's time. Of course, she knows when she "helps" me she also gets a treat.

She inspects all around the coop and run to make sure everything is secure for the night.

Piling up my chicken poop to spread on the garden next fall. Will have high hopes next spring.

Have a wonderful day with all of God's richest blessings Alabama.

I have never been. I had heard that there weren't chickens for sale. Just a chicken queen, chicken crafts etc. I might would go if there are chickens for sale.

I think that may have changed recently. Maybe a phone call to verify, but at their site http://www.alabamachickenandeggfest...ion=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=117
Where they list exhibitor's benefits, there is a statement that there are a limited number of sale coops available on a first come, first serve reserved basis at $3.00 per coop. I just hope that there will be chicks for sale. That's the main reason I will go for the first time this year.

I think that may have changed recently. Maybe a phone call to verify, but at their site http://www.alabamachickenandeggfest...ion=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=117
Where they list exhibitor's benefits, there is a statement that there are a limited number of sale coops available on a first come, first serve reserved basis at $3.00 per coop. I just hope that there will be chicks for sale. That's the main reason I will go for the first time this year.

So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." Gen 1:21-22

Ok, I see that. Last year they did not have the poultry show, I believe. I may try to go, but It appears to me that the sale coops are for exhibitor's only. I could bring some birds or eggs with me if I had a presale.

Back
Top Bottom