ALABAMA!!

I know crazy!

One of my chickens laid a egg yesterday- i stopped the creepy guy in the white suit, from sticking them in a box with a biscuit and a big old cookie

I about ate Heimlich the other day... He got one of the muscovy babies by the wing and yanked several emerging wing feathers out. Poor thing bled quite a bit. He's been pretty pushy with the little ones, but he's getting rough with them now.

So I managed to catch Heimlich, held him down, ready to call him dinner.. only to realize that there is no way I can use my usual method of dispatch on this beast. He weighs as much as my dang dog
lol.png
There is no way I can pick him up by his feet and hold him upside down. So, he got pardonned... for now. Fatty.

Little ones are SO pretty. I actually ended up with all sorts of interesting colors. Those are mom and dad in the picture.. and I got lavender ducklings.
idunno.gif
Also seem to have some barring on a couple.

I did manage to peek at the other nest, nothing smells off and nothing looks bad as of now. Who knows? I'm going to be drowning in muscovy ducklings...

TomTom -- their father was lavendar. He was big and beautiful! I let a girl buy him thinking I had another male growing out. I was wrong. No fertile eggs this year but have found a foodie that buys and LOVES the scovy eggs. Seems like someone was asking if they laid well. Out of 4 females, I'm STILL getting 2 eggs a day even in this stupid Hot weather.

I have a friend that processes scovies -- she says they fight tooth and nail the whole time. And she has the scars to prove it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom