Aggressive Rooster (toward small kids)

helkat

Songster
11 Years
Sep 21, 2008
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Hi All! We had a single roo with 4 hens and around a year old he started becoming aggressive with our two small children. We found a new home for him.

Now we have more roos, but they are still young and not yet aggressive.

Since we have more than one, do you think they will just bully each other or will they still try to bully the kids?

Thanks
Helga

we have a barred rock who is aggresive towards are small kids. i donk nessicarly think its the way you raise them them, but the roo itsself

You won't know til they get their teenage hormones going. Some roos are docile angels and some are, well, awful. It is evidently mostly their genetics.

However, it is evidently not a good idea to try to make pets of them when they are young. They can get the idea that you are another chicken, and they need to show you they are the dominant chicken.

Henry was a Barred Rock, too. He was so friendly as a cockerel. I am hoping our RIR roos will pick on each other and leave the kiddos alone.

yea he was friendly also till he started breeding then it was down hill from there, were did you get yours from

Last week I sent a BR Roo Senior Cocky, to the fridge in a pan of enchladas, he was going after my 7yr old neice. Second anything charges the kids it's gone.

I think we got ours from a local store (Country Junction) but I can't remember for sure.

I think my husband would have liked to have him for dinner, but I felt bad. Maybe if these guys act up WE will be having chicken enchiladas!

Quote:
The mean ones taste better.
gig.gif

Our cranky BR was a MM bird.

Quote:
Don't feel bad, the roo didn't feel bad while charging your kids. Once they go mean, they don't go back. Next time I'll pm you some recipies.

Back
Top Bottom