Aggresive Hen.

mitaha

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
georgia
Hi all,

I am sure this question is answered somewhere here, but the search feature isn't very helpfull. So here is my question. I have two hens and two Roos and 15 two month olds.

The Cornish hen I have follows the Big Boss Roo around and pecks him just below his tail feathers I know she is drawing blood because I see it on her beak... He just squalks and keeps walking almost like he knows it's coming but does nothing about it. The other chickens know their place and would not dare even approach him. When she is around the youngsters she runs them crazy (if they're close by) The other Roo (her mate) makes goo goo eyes at her and does his chicken dance for her but she leaves him be. Should I leave them be and let them hash it out themselves or remove the boss until his tail heals, or remove the hen? I am at a loss. I don't think she is going broody because she does her laying buisness and back out to plunder.

What gives ?

Mitaha

Definitely remove your roo and give him time to heal.

As far as the other, if no one else is bleeding, then I say leave them be and let them figure it out.

take out the roo and any chickens bloody and treat them with antibiotic ointment untill they heal you may find you will have to keep him separate. or sell him sorry
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom