• Chinese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

applebutter14

Songster
5 Years
Jun 8, 2014
Iowa
i have been wanting to get geese for sooo long but i can not decide between african or chinese!

i live in town but my neighbors dont mind some noise, they put up with 2 roosters for a while when i was trying to find homes for them, i need a goose who will be friendly to my call ducks and chickens, and i need it to be friendly to me and my family, but i have always wanted a protective goose! i dont know why i just have always thought it would be fun!
big_smile.png
they dont have to lay ALOT of eggs, but some eggs would be fun! lately i have been wanting african but i read that the chinese are great geese, too. so i cant make up my mind! thanks! -applebutter14

Haven't owned Africans, but I love my Chinese. While she does make noise pretty constantly, it's not very loud - more of a chatterer than a yeller. She's got a great personality, and lays about 30-40 very large white eggs in the spring/summer. She hates being held but if I sit down in the coop she will come up to me and take food from my hand, or nibble at my clothes and shoes.

I have a friend who cross bred her Chinese geese with a Toulouse goose and the result was an African gosling. Their still young but they are defiantly looking like africans

i have been wanting to get geese for sooo long but i can not decide between african or chinese! 

i live in town but my neighbors dont mind some noise, they put up with 2 roosters for a while when i was trying to find homes for them, i need a goose who will be friendly to my call ducks and chickens, and i need it to be friendly to me and my family, but i have always wanted a protective goose! i dont know why i just have always thought it would be fun! :D  they dont have to lay ALOT of eggs, but some eggs would be fun! lately i have been wanting african but i read that the chinese are great geese, too. so i cant make up my mind! thanks! -applebutter14

I have Embdens, the Chinese are really loud and I can't stand it. I have never tried Africans but I did have some Canada geese before. Embden aren't that loud and are(mine are anyway) afraid of chickens and turkeys or whatever is not waterfowl. They aren't mean to other birds for the most part but they do push other birds around.

Back
Top Bottom