About Me

elib2310

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2024
My name is Eli and I am in a family of 6 and I have 4 pet chickens. I take care of them and care for them. I have had them for almost 2 years and I researched about chickens for about a year on how to take care of them before I got them. I have one barred rock named Oreo, One Easter Egger named Sabba, One Black Jersy Giant named Mel, and one Rhode Island Red named Tanga. I also have to dogs who are doing great with the chickens. One thing I love about having chickens was just at the start of there life watching them grow and just caring for them and having something out of my big family that I can say is mine. At my old school they were hatching baby chickens and one of them couldn't walk and wouldn't eat when it was first born and I told the teacher how to care for that chick and save its life. Since than my parents have always been on my side. If anyone has any tips for me pleas let me know. Especially in the winter when there not going downstairs to eat there food or any tips on how to take care of Chickens. Thank You.

How wonderful that you were able to save that chick's life, thanks to your research and knowledge!

This is a great place to learn all things about chickens and to share what you already know. You are a fine addition to our flock!

Winter can be tough on everyone -- chickens and their people. I try to make sure everybody has enough nutritious food, plenty of water, and occasional "treats", like scratch grains they can dig at to keep from getting too bored.

Welcome to BYC, and I hope you get all the information you want and need from folks here.

Back
Top Bottom