Aaron's Furniture has to have the worst service ever!!!!! Irritated...

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
My old dryer smelled of burnt wires Saturday so I needed to replace it pronto. The first thing that popped into my mind was Aaron's delivers! Great, I call them up, give them my info, drive down and sign the paperwork and I am supposed to have a new one after 4 on Mondy. Great, right?

I had been given the option of either before or after 4 as a delivery window. I chose after 4 because I had to drive to Marrietta and pick some things I had ordered up from Northern Tool.
At 2:15 my phone rings and they want o know where I am, they are in my driveway.
I ask what happened to after 4? I am told they made a mistake and for me to please call when I return home so they can get my dryer to me.

I arrive home at 3:45 and call them. The deliver guys are taking a late lunch and will be out to me ( a 10 minute drive at most to my house from their store) the minute they finish lunch. Fine.

3 & 1/2 hours later I am still sitting there waiting for them. I call again and am asked if I had called as asked. WHAT? Are you kidding me?????

So, they are going to call the guys and see where they are because they are supposed to pick up a livingroom suit from somewhere. They will call me right back........

Another hour and 15 minutes goes by and still no call. The truck finally arrives and this grumpy, jerk proceeds to tell me that they will not move my old unit to install the new one.

By this time, I'm ticked off! They finally moved the old unit and installed the new one. I can not get to it to use the dryer as they have placed it so that the door hits a cabinet! My old unit is about 14 inches in front of it so that I can't get to it anyway!!! I am just really angry about the whole experience.

I would call and complain to the manager, I hope you didnt have to pay for the delivery! I think I would be asking for my money back or at least some sort of compensation.

Quote:
x2!! That is horrible. I am sorry
hugs.gif

Places like that don't give a dang about customer service. Most who shop there are in credit trouble and can only get "approved" at rent-to-own places. So the business looks at ALL their customers as "dead beats" that wouldn't be there if they had a choice.

If you have a "Rooms to Go" nearby DON'T go to them either. DW recently purchased living room set from them. The loveseat/recliner is junk to say the least. They will be bringing our 4th one today. They refuse to let us just return it and pick something that doesn't break within a couple days. So, DW told them they'd be bringing us a new one every couple weeks and the lady never batted an eye, just said "OK". Does that make sense? They'd rather keep delivering a replacement as letting us pick out something that will work.
idunno.gif

Quote:
th.gif

Boy did I learn a lesson! I was just thinking in terms of how to get it here without me having anyone handy to help me with the heavy lifting and such. I thought it was a good idea. NOT!
Never again! Next time I will just recruit some help and go get the thing myself!

I bought a really nice sectional with pull out queen bed and recliners on the love seat part from Rooms To Go. It was half the price of the exact same one at other furniture stores. The only thing wrong with it was one of the parachute pully things on one of the recliners was broken and they put a new one on for me and also gave me a further discount since it was broken in the first place even though it worked perfectly after they fixed it lol. I didn't have it delilvered since we could haul it ourselves and I haven't had any trouble with it at all. They were very nice at that store. Maybe you just have a bad Rooms to Go where you live..

Last edited:
Is it a gas dryer? I know around here delivery people are not allowed to remove or install anything that runs on gas.

Otherwise he was less than professional and I'm sorry that you were treated that way.

Quote:
BBB website for my local store has thousands, yes thousands, of complaints on them. And they've only been open for about 18 months. Wish I had looked first before buying there. But hey, we'll have a new loveseat recliner every couple weeks. I'm going to add the next complaint online too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom