Peskypigeon

Songster
Sep 20, 2020
Hello everybirdie,
i cannot believe I’m saying this, but I’ve invested in a macaw. I never impulse buy, so please don’t be concerned. However, If anybirdie has any good advice/comments/stories about Macaws, I’d love to hear to know what to expect.
My baby is so young and hasn’t been sexed or weaned yet- I won’t be getting him/her until the end of December. She/he will be socialized even when not with me, and being four months old, he/she will be raised by me exclusively when he/she comes home
The baby is a Flame Macaw- Catalina (dad) (B&G/Scarlet) and Greenwing (mom) if that helps you understand what his/her temperment/personality may turn out to be.

let it be known I also have doves, quails, pheasant, an eclectus, and bunnies. Interaction with other animals is also a curiosity.

i will add pictures this saturday when I get my first weekly update.

Neighbors scarlet macaw would set on his perch on a tether on the front porch. ‘Here kitty kitty kitty’ it was hilarious.

OP, you have an eclectus? Im jealous! Can you post pictures? I would love an eclectus but my hubby would kill me! I have a cockatiel, wonderful bird who can talk and sing. Have fun with your macaw when you get it!

Neighbors scarlet macaw would set on his perch on a tether on the front porch. ‘Here kitty kitty kitty’ it was hilarious.
I recently saw a video of a woman playing with her macaw. She told him “you lost a feather!” And he immediately replied “...lost a feather...!”

Our feed stores parrot says that and many other things, I have a cockatiel, they are good starter birds, but he is real protective over me.
But they are gorgeous birds, the macaws.
My pigeons are always angry hens who marry me and hate everybirdie else (Including other pigeons/doves). Even my friends, who Adelaide is happy to land on, will swipe if my friend tries to pet her or put his actual hand near her. I don’t train them to be this way...! It’s cute when they’re protective, though. Apparently my ekkie bites folks he doesn’t like already...

Friends mom had a cockatoo (I think. Big white ornery SOB). Hated men. Took several years before he would even allow me around him. From late spring to fall he flew free and terrorized everything
Cockatoos.... I could never handle even meeting one. I’ve only seen maybe two at the breeder I got my Eclectus from. I don’t do well with constant loud rapid screeches.

Back
Top Bottom