8 week egg withdrawal for Amoxicillin/Clavamox?!

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
One of my girls has been prescribed Amoxicillin/Clavamox by the vet based on signs of infection in her bloodwork.

I was told there is an 8 week egg withdrawal period after her last dose (she's on a 20 day course)!

This seems awfully long. From what I can find on studies and here on BYC I've read 7 days.

What do you guys know? What's the harm/downside to eating eggs with Amoxicillin/Clavamox residue?

One of my girls has been prescribed Amoxicillin/Clavamox by the vet based on signs of infection in her bloodwork.

I was told there is an 8 week egg withdrawal period after her last dose (she's on a 20 day course)!

This seems awfully long. From what I can find on studies and here on BYC I've read 7 days.

What do you guys know? What's the harm/downside to eating eggs with Amoxicillin/Clavamox residue?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22054104/

7 days is fine. Perhaps you should send the above link to your vet for future reference. It's really annoying when medical professionals just spurt information out as fact when they never even checked or don't really know.

Back
Top Bottom