6 week old chicks chirping non stop

abmurry914

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2020
Hi all, me again. I've posted so many threads the last few days with lots of questions. Tonight our chicks will not stop peeping! They're approximately 6 weeks and we have them in the spare bathroom right now. The peeping is loud and non stop, until I go in to see them. They have fresh water and food is full. Any idea why they're being so vocal this evening?

*it's 69° in the house, there is a small vent window open in the bathroom, and we just found one of them roosted very high up on the shower door handles. They aren't huddled together for warmth or anything*

:lau They like you. They want to hang out with you. They're bored.

Whereabouts do you live? I put my chicks out in the unheated greenhouse a couple days ago and they're really enjoying being semi-outdoor birds. I'm at a one-mile high elevation in the central Black Hills, SD. We barely have grass yet here. It dips below freezing every night and they're fine. The batch before them went to a chicken tractor in the back yard with a heating pad brooder. It was -16° one night for them and they didn't blink.

Do you have a coop and run ready? It's time...

:lau They like you. They want to hang out with you. They're bored.

Whereabouts do you live? I put my chicks out in the unheated greenhouse a couple days ago and they're really enjoying being semi-outdoor birds. I'm at a one-mile high elevation in the central Black Hills, SD. We barely have grass yet here. It dips below freezing every night and they're fine. The batch before them went to a chicken tractor in the back yard with a heating pad brooder. It was -16° one night for them and they didn't blink.

Do you have a coop and run ready? It's time...

Just a few adjustments we have to make tomorrow and it should be 100%, I feel like I'm crazy and I'll miss them being inside with us. 😅

Back
Top Bottom