5 Beautiful Roos

chookmummy

Chirping
Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone!! I live in Ontario, Canada, and I am looking to re-home five beautiful, heritage breed roos.

My sister and I hand raised them, and have spent as much time as we can with these boys to make sure that they are human and flock friendly. They are three months old. Unfortunately, we ended up with too many roos and too few hens. We would love to keep them, but just can't afford it. All five have been raised together, and are perfectly comfortable with each other. We are running out of time as the roos are starting to stress the hens out. We would really love not to have to send them to the butcher. Selling them to a good home is our last hope

The predominant breed in these boys is Ameraucana. They are mixed, and their parents' breeds include, Apenzeller Spitzhaubens, Wyandottes, French Copper Marans, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, and others.

Looking for a good home to send them to, and hoping I can find it here.

Feel free to comment if you want to see any pictures of each of them or learn a little bit about them.

Thanks!

How did you do that?!? For five?? :eek:
I'm having a hard time re-homing my one! :fl

I honestly don't even know. Haha. We posted everywhere we could, here, Facebook, Kijiji. You can see the responses we got here. Facebook was just filled with people who said throw the bird in the pot. Kijiji was better. A couple people only wanted them for food, but we finally found a really sweet woman who said she'd take all five. We sold them for 20 dollars for all five. We don't know if she will just eat them, but she seems really experienced and really nice, so we figured at least they were going to a good home. She picked them up today. It was honestly super lucky ha ha. I hope you have luck rehoming your roo!

Thank you!

Here are two of our boys. These are the only two pictures I could get to come through. They are the two prettiest birds anyways.
1603502257759.png

1603502660420.png

Back
Top Bottom