2022 Chicks - Cackle Experience

Pics
Now Im super stressed as I think one of the chicks is unwell. She sleeps alot and she is eating and drinking but she sleeps more than the others. Right now she is sleeping in a corner away from the other chicks. I am giving her save a chick probiotics and electrolytes. I just dont know what else to do. I checked the temp in the brooder and it is 95.8 and the outer edges are 87. *fingers crossed she makes it*

Now Im super stressed as I think one of the chicks is unwell. She sleeps alot and she is eating and drinking but she sleeps more than the others. Right now she is sleeping in a corner away from the other chicks. I am giving her save a chick probiotics and electrolytes. I just dont know what else to do. I checked the temp in the brooder and it is 95.8 and the outer edges are 87. *fingers crossed she makes it*
Since they just arrived, is follow the suggestion of having the light close enough to be 100°. Shipped chicks needs a bit more heat for the first week from the stress. Do you have the electrolyte/probiotic mix in the water for all the chicks? As long as she's eating and drinking I think she's okay and just recovering. I also had one that slept most of the first two days while the others were up and recovered. She was named Sleepy at first and had me really concerned. Nope, she just needed a bit more time to recover than the others. She's actually the Wyandotte I posted about easier that I think might be a roo. S/he spent today causing havoc in the grow out pen trying to assert dominance ... at least until s/he tried it with Prince 😅

Since they just arrived, is follow the suggestion of having the light close enough to be 100°. Shipped chicks needs a bit more heat for the first week from the stress. Do you have the electrolyte/probiotic mix in the water for all the chicks? As long as she's eating and drinking I think she's okay and just recovering. I also had one that slept most of the first two days while the others were up and recovered. She was named Sleepy at first and had me really concerned. Nope, she just needed a bit more time to recover than the others. She's actually the Wyandotte I posted about easier that I think might be a roo. S/he spent today causing havoc in the grow out pen trying to assert dominance ... at least until s/he tried it with Prince 😅
I do have the mix in the water for everyone. The temp is closer to 95 as it is a small brooder and they have to leave it to get out of the heat if we make it any hotter. I am working on getting them a bigger space as this takes up most of our tub at his point. please see pics for set up.

Attachments

• IMG_20220329_111335712.jpg
    IMG_20220329_111335712.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220401_090421500.jpg
    IMG_20220401_090421500.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220401_090550517.jpg
    IMG_20220401_090550517.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom