2 month old pullet sound

vintage

Songster
Feb 25, 2021
Ky
My 2 month old BA pullet is my most chatty, she makes all sorts of sounds that my other breeds do not.

She makes this strained shrieking sound, it isn't a warning. She will jump in my lap and makes it sometimes even while trying to fall asleep on me. It's bizarre and I can not find a clip of it anywhere online. It sounds almost like a muffled hawk screech. Hard to explain, any idea what it could be/mean?

Would you be able to post a video of your pullet making the sounds? Youtube or Vimeo and upload here.
I haven't been able to catch it on video so far. I really wish I could because explaining it is difficult 🤣.

It's the sound in the very beginning, it's very hard to catch on camera lol.

Last edited:
I definitely irritated her. But like I said, she makes this sound all day, even when she's in my lap and falling asleep.

Last edited:
I had one who did this. shes just a really loud hen now. She sounds like a dinosaur roaring. We call her Karen because it sounds like shes complaining constantly
Yes!! My BA is a total Karen 😂. She's super bossy and complains, even when she jumps in my lap lol.

Yes!! My BA is a total Karen 😂. She's super bossy and complains, even when she jumps in my lap lol.
Mine is an EE. She even gives me the karen look

Attachments

• 20200805_162429.jpg
    20200805_162429.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom