2 hatched 3 pipped

RyanRoe1990

Hatching
Apr 6, 2024
Two have hatched and are nearly ready to come out the incubator because they have been in awhile I can see the chicks in the other eggs how long do I leave them, the last lot I had to help with one, I know you aren't meant to but the others have been hatched awhile now. Just asking for advise that's all 😁

Chicks absorb the yolk before they hatch and can live off of that for 72 hours or more before they have to eat or drink. I have no idea how long your "awhile" is but I'm not in a big hurry to open the incubator and bring them out. If others have pipped then there is a slight risk of shrink wrapping those when you open the incubator and let the moist air out. Shrink wrap does not happen all of the time but it can occasionally so I try to not take what I consider unnecessary chances.

My suggestion is to wait at least 48 hours before you take those chicks out.

Chicks absorb the yolk before they hatch and can live off of that for 72 hours or more before they have to eat or drink. I have no idea how long your "awhile" is but I'm not in a big hurry to open the incubator and bring them out. If others have pipped then there is a slight risk of shrink wrapping those when you open the incubator and let the moist air out. Shrink wrap does not happen all of the time but it can occasionally so I try to not take what I consider unnecessary chances.

My suggestion is to wait at least 48 hours before you take those chicks out.
Thanks so much that's much appreciated

Hi thank you again for your reply, I waited and all 6 eggs that I had in the incubator have hatched. Just waiting for the last two to fluff up and I'll move them too the brooder, it's me just been inpatient 😂

Back
Top Bottom