18 day and taking out egg turner question

megshenhut

Songster
14 Years
Jun 21, 2007
Central Colorado
No, I'm not even hatching any babies right now, but I do have a question. I have a hovabator and just take the turner out at the end. Last spring when I took the turner out, it seemed like the temp went down and didn't adjust back up again after several hours. Does the motor on the turner create enough heat that when you remove it you have to adjust the temp in the bator? I really don't want to buy another bator just to hatch in, but I feel like things go all over the place the last 3 days. Also it seems like I lose a fair amount of babies in the last 3 days from what they looked like when I cracked them open.

I have a Hovabator with a turner in it and I haven't noticed any temp problems when I remove the turner. The temp does go down because the bator is open for a little while due to switching the eggs, but after a few hours it is usually right back where it should be. Not sure what could be causing your fluctuation. Are you adjusting your thermostat when you notice that the temp hasn't come back up? If so, maybe just wait until the next day before making any adjustments?????

Lori

I have a little giant and the temp does go down by a few degrees after I take out the turner. I give it about four hours then I adjust.

Back
Top Bottom