⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

Just got gifted a pair of kelso.
Very healthy. I'll let her hatch a clutch eventhough it kinda late in the breeding season just to keep them going.

IMG_20220407_172757.jpg
IMG_20220407_172606.jpg

IMG_20220407_172620.jpg

I IRL friend from high school has a birthday today and as her FB thingy they asked for folks to consider donating plasma because that’s what is keeping them alive - quite literally.

So I kinda started adding up my donations since high school…. Here’s what I just shared with her:

You got me to thinking… I’ll bet that I have donated at least 4-5 gallons of blood as a minimum in my life. As for plasma donation….. I did to routinely 2x a week for a few semesters & a couple summers here at UNT, in Denton. So half a dozen gallons seems a reasonable assumption “off the top of my head” at this point.

She pointed out that there is such a nationwide shortage of plasma donations that they have a severe “waiting list” for prioritizing…. And she said, “Sadly, I am on that list.”

So I wonder if we could start a blood & plasma donation topic that the form could get out the word and maybe workmwith the Red Cross or what have you ???? Am I being to polyanna here y’all?

I’m O+ so I’ve long known they wish they could put a “tap” on me….:lau:pop
I thought you could say who you were donating for, so it would go into their account and they wouldn't have to pay for that bag?

I thought you could say who you were donating for, so it would go into their account and they wouldn't have to pay for that bag?
Nope. She told me it takes nearly a 100? Or was it 1000? Donations to make up a infusion for her each time….

I should go back and check.

I IRL friend from high school has a birthday today and as her FB thingy they asked for folks to consider donating plasma because that’s what is keeping them alive - quite literally.

So I kinda started adding up my donations since high school…. Here’s what I just shared with her:

You got me to thinking… I’ll bet that I have donated at least 4-5 gallons of blood as a minimum in my life. As for plasma donation….. I did to routinely 2x a week for a few semesters & a couple summers here at UNT, in Denton. So half a dozen gallons seems a reasonable assumption “off the top of my head” at this point.

She pointed out that there is such a nationwide shortage of plasma donations that they have a severe “waiting list” for prioritizing…. And she said, “Sadly, I am on that list.”

So I wonder if we could start a blood & plasma donation topic that the form could get out the word and maybe workmwith the Red Cross or what have you ???? Am I being to polyanna here y’all?

I’m O+ so I’ve long known they wish they could put a “tap” on me….:lau:pop
I don't see why you couldn't start a thread for it. It's not political, it's not advertising anything for profit. I've tried giving blood, but I always get nauseous and light headed by the time they're halfway through the pint. That, and my deep, hard to find veins make it even more of a challenge.

I don't see why you couldn't start a thread for it. It's not political, it's not advertising anything for profit. I've tried giving blood, but I always get nauseous and light headed by the time they're halfway through the pint. That, and my deep, hard to find veins make it even more of a challenge.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom