Worm in Egg?

bamitsbrittany

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
What is this? I found it today after I cut open the hard boiled egg... I worm my chickens... Im not sure thats what it is though...

Thanks! Im thinking its probably that... just because I looked up worms in eggs and this doesnt look like that lol. It was a brown egg that it came from. But she is young.. not even a year yet..

Yeah, I’d also guess a meat spot or maybe a blood spot. They are not all that uncommon, even in younger chickens. The commercial operations electronically candle their eggs before they go to the supermarket so the customers don’t get surprises like that. The rejected eggs go to bakeries or places that beat the eggs so the customer can’t see the spot.

It’s not real appetizing but it won’t hurt you if you eat it.

What is this? I found it today after I cut open the hard boiled egg... I worm my chickens... Im not sure thats what it is though...
Two of my girls get a few small spots in the yellow yolk part .I have wormed them and I can see the pin spots of blood. I am going to send the poo out to be tested. I haven’t see any spots in the hard boiled though
During the time I was worming I would see the red blood spot and so I did an extra course on the whole coop to be sure. I’ll report my findings once I get a lab to confirm or deny etc. thanks for posting

Back
Top Bottom