Winter Gardens/ Greenhouse!

Love this!

Has anyone ever tried "Winter Sowing"?
https://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/2021-12/All the Dirt on Winter Sowing Power Point.pdf

Now I need to finish getting the greenhouse clean up. It is not photo worthy at the moment. šŸ˜

So far as the winter garden, I am in zone 8a so I still have some brassicas in the ground right now. I have a small patch of carrots, garlic and onions, also. Those things are pretty tough.
I like to use my greenhouse start a few seeds early in spring and save a few things longer in fall. It is only passively heated. Days are short this time of year so things grow slowly.
I don't think I've seen that winter sowing.
If you wish to post pictures of you greenhouse when you clean it up, please do!

I don't think I've seen that winter sowing.
If you wish to post pictures of you greenhouse when you clean it up, please do!
It looks lonely this time of year without the potted plants outside.
20231204_135723.jpg

And those huge trees!!!!! šŸ˜²
Our property goes back into the woods. We have resident Coopers Hawks back there and lots of deer.
We had to take down about 35 huge pines when the house was built. I love the big trees but they can be scary during windstorms. We get hurricanes too. They do give me lots of straw for mulch and leaves for compost.

Our property goes back into the woods. We have resident Coopers Hawks back there and lots of deer.
We had to take down about 35 huge pines when the house was built. I love the big trees but they can be scary during windstorms. We get hurricanes too. They do give me lots of straw for mulch and leaves for compost.
Wow! We get bad winds here too. The one time the wind was blowing 70mph and the coop was moving back and froth and I was so scared!!!
The coop is about maybe a little more then 600 pounds!
Tall trees can be a nightmare but they are so beautiful!
My brothers built the coop.ā¬‡ļø
That's the side/front
PXL_20231130_214415882.jpg

Wow! We get bad winds here too. The one time the wind was blowing 70mph and the coop was moving back and froth and I was so scared!!!
The coop is about maybe a little more then 600 pounds!
Tall trees can be a nightmare but they are so beautiful!
My brothers built the coop.ā¬‡ļø
That's the side/front
View attachment 3698678
Great job!

Back
Top Bottom