White french black copper marans?

Thats another picture of her in my avatar.. Any ideas? All the eggs were as dark as dark could be..

well I have hatched my moms black coppers under broodies, most come out black copper, 2 hens have come out brichen (black with white around the face) try thr marans thread on here they might be able to help you alittle more

I've hatched out wheaten marans out of black coppers more than once from very reputable breeders..... but it almost looks too white to be wheaten...

We'll wait and see.

Hi what ever hapeen to this hen? Im looking for a White Copper Maran Rooster and any hens I can find will pay well. :) Any help would be great Thanks

Hi, I saw your interest in the white copper marans and was wondering what you knew about them? I bought my eggs from a breeder and hatched them myself. All were black/blue copper marans with the exception of this guy. Totally caught me off guard and was gonna sell/butcher him because I was worried she must have given me a egg fertilized with a different breed but she keeps her marans separate, so the likelihood is small. I am starting to raise them myself and didn't want him fertilizing my gals if he wasn't pure blood maran. Anyway, have you found any others yet? Do they look like this? thanks, Betsy

Its "normal" to get a splash bird out of black and blue lineage in most breeds. The black and blue dominant gene carry the recessive gene for splash. Some splashes get some gold leakage because a dominant copper feathering shows up in some splash birds bred form Black/Blue Copper Marans . It is a purebred Marans, but not good for quality Marans breeding. He should be culled or kept to make olive eggers(bred with Ameraucanas) only. I have a breeding program for french standard pure whites(from golden cuckoo stock) and FS golden cuckoo. I had splash and blue copper, but I kept getting gold leakage like you have pictured. I have a blue hen left I bred with my white rooster and produced beautiful splash and blue marans. Hoping to get some more splash when I re-start the program in two months(to hot here in AZ in the summer)...

Back
Top Bottom