Where can I buy quality pullets near Charlotte NC?

My_3_Hens

Songster
8 Years
Apr 8, 2015
Belmont, North Carolina
I have been dreaming of owning chickens since I joined BackYard Chickens back in 2015 and my dream is finally becoming a reality!! We will be first-time chicken owners once we get the coop put together and the chicken yard built.

Based on my research, I feel it is best to start off with pullets vs day-old chicks. I'm still researching breeds but after a brief internet search, pullets seem very hard to find. I live in the Charlotte NC area and don't mind traveling a bit to purchase healthy, quality pullets. Does anyone have any recommendations of good farms that sell pullets?

I have been dreaming of owning chickens since I joined BackYard Chickens back in 2015 and my dream is finally becoming a reality!! We will be first-time chicken owners once we get the coop put together and the chicken yard built.

Based on my research, I feel it is best to start off with pullets vs day-old chicks. I'm still researching breeds but after a brief internet search, pullets seem very hard to find. I live in the Charlotte NC area and don't mind traveling a bit to purchase healthy, quality pullets. Does anyone have any recommendations of good farms that sell pullets?
Maybe try posting in your state thread? https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/north-carolina.91762/post-25201349

If you are on Facebook, look up Cocktown Funk and Blue Ribbon Chickens of Monroe. I believe both have some available still. I'm actually doing a pickup at Cocktown on Wednesday (first time with them, but I've heard great things). They are willing to deliver to the CLT area as hatching occurs (with a $25 fee) with the schedule currently on their FB page. BRC of Monroe always offers excellent birds as well. His Cinnamon Queens are so friendly and are great layers.

I got 23 from Dragon Fly Farms in Hillsborough back in October. She has a range of breeds to choose from. Mine ranged from 4-7 weeks when bought and were sold as started pullets. Same as a hatchery, theres no 100% guarantee unless they're older. She gave me 4 for free to help offset any cockerels. 5 turned out to be males. Overall it was a good experience and all chooks are healthy. I was a little bummed that 5 are male though but it happens and only 2 are giving me a headache. I hope the other 3 can be heirs to my 2 roosters.
Out of her breeds I got: ayam cemanis, sunflower (her olive egger project), olive eggers, laced blue belles (her breeding project), buff ameraucana, blue laced red wyandotte, and langshans. There's other breeds she has that weren't available at the time.

I dont have experience buying from them but Blue House Farm is in Fletcher, NC and will raise chicks to started pullet age for you. The selection isn't very wide though. Swedish flowers and barnvelders.

Similar distance between Charlotte and Fletcher/Hillsborough. @3KillerBs sometimes has pullets, she's in Carthage.

Last edited:

Hi!! Not sure if you found them, but I have a bunch you could choose from. I’m in China Grove! Let me know!!

Back
Top Bottom