What does your Rooster say?

16 and me

Songster
Oct 31, 2022
Call me naive, but I used to think all roosters would sound the same. And then I got chickens šŸ¤­ I was surprised to hear different variations from each of 3 boys.
It got me wondering how many variations are there? I'd love to know what your roos and cockerels say! Here's my 3 boys:

Pedro, my Alpha Ameraucana has the classic Cock-a-Doodle-Dooooooo!
Xander, his offspring sings: Cock-Cock-a-Doodle Doooo.
And Sammy, a 17 week old Blue Copper Marans cockerel gives his best effort and belts out a hearty Cock-a-Doooooooooo! - This one cracks me up each time I hear it! šŸ˜‚
:

My rooster's name is Rojo. It's Hispanic, pronounced Rdo-ho (sort of). He gets up on high things and yells:

I'm ROOOOOOH-ho!

And then he goes:

I said I'm ROOOOOOOOOOO-hoooo!

And he carries on like that for a while. He's very egotistical, and his hens admire him greatly.
Oh he sounds like quite a character BigBlueHen! And that crow! šŸ˜‚ They really are quite proud creatures aren't they? What breed is he? If you have a picture, I'd love to see him!

I have one silkie rooster that we swear is going to die. It's er er er er ooooh, going downhill like to the bass tone. He doesn't crow often, but we laugh when we hear him as he's like the doomsday crower, depressing even lol.
Poor sad Silkie the doomsday crower. šŸ˜‚ I had another Blue Copper Marans that sounded like one of those birthday party or new years eve horns you blow. He just sort of made a squawky groan that started on a high note and just went down from there.šŸ˜‚ Poor guy.

My rooster's name is Rojo. It's Hispanic, pronounced Rdo-ho (sort of). He gets up on high things and yells:

I'm ROOOOOOH-ho!

And then he goes:

I said I'm ROOOOOOOOOOO-hoooo!

And he carries on like that for a while. He's very egotistical, and his hens admire him greatly.
I just found him on one of your posts! He's HUGE! and a very handsome roo. You can see why he is so egotistical :love

Just checked out the Ayam Ketawa video -- hilarious!!

Sir Henry the Loud was a proud Iowa Blue rooster who had a bell-like, beautiful crow. My remaining rooster, Billy Boy, is a smug little Cochin Bantam who fancies himself to be just as magnificent as Sir Henry was, but whose voice is much less impressive.

Back
Top Bottom