What did you do with your flock today?

I wanted to raise these babies super tame but I'm finding between all my pets and house care needs, time is precious right now 😅. So babies are alone in the brooder but I've gotten a lot done. Taking a break with my puppies right now and going over my todo list.

Think next I'll go over my birds. Bert from the mountains is coming down soon and I promised him some birds. Now I just have to decide which of the ones I want gone I should try to sell and which I should give him. He shared a fun video of Oregon with me but I have no idea how to share them here... I heard something about YouTube but that'll have to wait for another day. I have a couple sweet hens with so-so markings that'll definitely go home with him. The rest I'll have to think about. I might just put all of them in an empty coop and let him take his pick...as long as he takes my sweet girls too ☺️.

The call ducks have started laying 🎉. The lady wants 5 white and 5 snowy but I doubt I can do that for her. I'm not willing to separate Peeky, Chubby and Clyde. They've been a steadfast trio from day one...so that means my whites will be producing white, snowy and black bibbed. And Bonnie and her mate will only produce snowys. We'll just have to wait and see what we get.

Last nights cuddle session with the babies 🥰
1000010030.jpg
1000010027.jpg

On important thing I did today also is I caught the last remaining at large rooster. He is now confined to quarters. Instead of fencing each garden plot I'm going to do runs that will make big hoop houses bigger. They will have the benefit of large coops that protect from bad weather and a run large enough to allow them plenty of room for sunshine.
Have you seen the chicken tunnels some people have built?

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=chicken+tunnels+diy

Back
Top Bottom