What did you do with your flock today?

today I was outside handing out some black soldier fly larvea and since my rooster died a few months ago i got a new one took a while to introduce but now the rooster is excepted and leads the flock not at the top of the pecking order tho even tho hes the biggest but today when i was handing out treatts he cockadoodeldood for the first time lol loud but that was exciting hes about 5-6 months old so still a cockerel hope you enjoy the story :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Cockadoodledoooo!!! Too cute you must have smiled in your heart when you heard that. I know I would. Nothing like a healthy, confident chicken 🐓❤️

I honestly think I was just lucky it came loose. I'm so grateful it did. I really wish chickens had a gag reflex!
He seems to have got over the Christmas tree monster but the new house chicken is another matter. He hasn't kicked or assaulted it since the roundhouse he delivered it but he's giving it the side eye and if I pick it up while he's on my shoulder, he turns his back on it very deliberately.
Here's the offending article, It's a bit blurry as Ferdy was throwing shapes on my shoulder to show his disapproval! View attachment 3705901
Does the chicken sing or dance? It kinda looks like it should 😂
Poor Ferdy must think it's going to steal his kibble and start bossing him around 🤣

Little golden chicken came inside this evening for 40 minutes. goal was to address a possible infected wound under her wing. I got the saline tub water and everything ready. When i inspected her before bathing her, I was so pleased to see a healing wound that imo didnt require a saline soak but instead a spritz of the saline and some antibiotic spray. upon further inspection, I found no other open injuries to her. After a little protein filled tidbit for Golden chicken, I proudly placed her back to the hen house for the night. today is one week since she got attacked by a hawk. She still is too scared to go outside of the run. i dont mind. shes safe. :yesss:

I let my chickens out for an hour and a half of free ranging this evening, and they went down to the edge of the woods as usual. I checked on them an hour later and from the way the girls were acting I thought that maybe a predator grabbed one of them.

Luckily, I found all seven were safe and sound. #7 was in the front yard. #7 is the one that is a great forager, and she also has no problem going off by herself. In fact, I think she prefers to be on her own. Doesn't seem to have much of a "flock" instinct.

They're all roosting now, safe and sound for the night.

Little golden chicken came inside this evening for 40 minutes. goal was to address a possible infected wound under her wing. I got the saline tub water and everything ready. When i inspected her before bathing her, I was so pleased to see a healing wound that imo didnt require a saline soak but instead a spritz of the saline and some antibiotic spray. upon further inspection, I found no other open injuries to her. After a little protein filled tidbit for Golden chicken, I proudly placed her back to the hen house for the night. today is one week since she got attacked by a hawk. She still is too scared to go outside of the run. i dont mind. shes safe. :yesss:
Awww... poor baby! I'm so glad she survived ands doing well!

Back
Top Bottom