What did you do with your flock today?

Tired tired tonight! But got a lot done. Got all the Spud damage repaired and changed things just enough to hopefully stop repeats.

Then refreshed the goose house and started raking up the thorny wood Spud dragged out of the cold compost pile. A lot left to do there still.

Lost another Greenfire egg so down to 2 possible chicks out of 16 eggs. 😭
But...I'm still looking forward to the hatch. I'm going to turn them into the most spoiled little babies I can. ❤️
Wow, what a busy day. Hope you are not sore today after all of that ☹️
Oh no! 🤞🤞🤞🥚🥚Holding my breath on these 2! They will be little miracles beating the odds. Will you order again when the weather warms? Maybe she will give you a discount on more eggs.
Hope for a mating pair ♡♡♡

I have been so completely and utterly lazy and behind on my chicken coop and maintenance. I did manage burnt out bulbs and stringing Xmas lights on 2 houses- always a movie 😖 but def have a hitch in my giddyup. Please keep inspiring!!!

Wow, what a busy day. Hope you are not sore today after all of that ☹️
Oh no! 🤞🤞🤞🥚🥚Holding my breath on these 2! They will be little miracles beating the odds. Will you order again when the weather warms? Maybe she will give you a discount on more eggs.
Hope for a mating pair ♡♡♡

I have been so completely and utterly lazy and behind on my chicken coop and maintenance. I did manage burnt out bulbs and stringing Xmas lights on 2 houses- always a movie 😖 but def have a hitch in my giddyup. Please keep inspiring!!!
Christmas lights! One of my favorite decorations! Though my hubby hangs them so all I have to do is smile and enjoy...which just might be why I like them so much 🤔😂

I don't think I'll ever order eggs again. They were expensive but they looked pretty good on arrival, I followed instructions to a T, and have very good incubators...but the results have been dismal. I'd have been better off ordering their 6 live chicks at $300 + shipping. It would have cost me less per chick. Live and learn 😂. After the hatch date passes, I will write them and suggest they not offer eggs that will ship over holidays, or that they ship express which would have been delivered in the two days shipping they tell you. The timing of their shipping meant the eggs were mailed on the 21st and weren't available for pickup until the 24th. With as rarely as they offer the eggs and as much as they charge... it'd be nice if that rare availability was at a practical time. I ordered just because I've been watching for eggs on their site since last spring, and it's always been 0 eggs available. Eggs always have a thorough disclaimer on hatching though, so I don't expect anything from them except at least think the timing of their egg offer over better.

Anyway...if I get even one chick I'll still be excited...just wincing while I grin too. 😂

What a house full of fun you have in those babies! I love the picture of them all in the window 😍

Last edited:
Christmas lights! One of my favorite decorations! Though my hubby hangs them so all I have to do is smile and enjoy...which just might be why I like them so much 🤔😂

I don't think I'll ever order eggs again. They were expensive but they looked pretty good on arrival, I followed instructions to a T, and have very good incubators...but the results have been dismal. I'd have been better off ordering their 6 live chicks at $300 + shipping. It would have cost me less per chick. Live and learn 😂. After the hatch date passes, I will write them and suggest they not offer eggs that will ship over holidays, or that they ship express which would have been delivered in the two days shipping they tell you. The timing of their shipping meant the eggs were mailed on the 21st and weren't available for pickup until the 24th. With as rarely as they offer the eggs and as much as they charge... it'd be nice if that rare availability was at a practical time. I ordered just because I've been watching for eggs on their site since last spring, and it's always been 0 eggs available. Eggs always have a thorough disclaimer on hatching though, so I don't expect anything from them except at least think the timing of their egg offer over better.

Anyway...if I get even one chick I'll still be excited...just wincing while I grin too. 😂

What a house full of fun you have in those babies! I love the picture of them all in the window 😍
I have had friends order eggs and the sellers were generous at making whole- all the way to Kauai! Of course those were fancy silkies and not fancy Greenfire. It may be worth a polite ask. If nothing else, maybe to help you write an honest review, so others know of your experience and maybe they will buy the 6 for $300 or just save their money.

Last edited:

I will order live chicks only. less risk. I so badly want a flock of Indio Gigante. I can envision the rear end collisions they would cause out front. People do need to slow down and enjoy the view out here in the country instead of driving like they are on a Cannon Ball Run or something worse.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness these kitties are ripping the house apart tonight. Forest and Tally Ho in the middle of it all. So a 6 kitty race track of comedy. I am very entertained.

I had to pick up and intro a forth kitty for travel as they go in pairs. Meet Milo.View attachment 3702782View attachment 3702783
He fits right in. Very brave kitties earning their keep by hunting a fly in the window 🙄View attachment 3702784
Of course that is because my abused screens are hanging on by a thread and letting flies and mosquitos in and out. View attachment 3702787View attachment 3702788
A favorite place ♡

You'd have to sit with a good pair of clippers. Seymore may try to eat you 😆🌱
Mighty Fly Hunters!

:lol:

Today I couldn't find my ladies...

They had hidden under the car to take a nap together.

bed469f9-1a94-4228-9719-11d2c334b303.jpg

Hm, Callia didn't like my "awww"s

1e0e8125-1597-4947-9d94-2ec396b0702c.jpg

In other news, Bianca is molting, her neck is still kinda nude but damn, look at that fluffy butt!

She's so cute because she is so small, she's an adult but still kinda looks like a fluffy, little ball.

d06bd686-3489-4481-bc3c-8811c33a7e69.jpg

Now I know what it was that I saw with the kids when out this afternoon. A skinny little Ancona pullet was being chased by a pack of roosters when she slid right trough a plastic picket fence. The bigger broad shouldered rooster got his head through just fine but he had not planned on the sudden stop he came to when his wings made contact with the fence. Made my day.

Oh my goodness these kitties are ripping the house apart tonight. Forest and Tally Ho in the middle of it all. So a 6 kitty race track of comedy. I am very entertained.

I had to pick up and intro a forth kitty for travel as they go in pairs. Meet Milo.View attachment 3702782View attachment 3702783
He fits right in. Very brave kitties earning their keep by hunting a fly in the window 🙄View attachment 3702784
Of course that is because my abused screens are hanging on by a thread and letting flies and mosquitos in and out. View attachment 3702787View attachment 3702788
A favorite place ♡

You'd have to sit with a good pair of clippers. Seymore may try to eat you 😆🌱
OMG they are all such adorable little monsters 😍😆 I know you are doing the best for them and they are SO lucky to be cared for by you! I will look forward to seeing the next round of cute naughtiness you bring home! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom