What did you do with your flock today?

Help me decide!

I have 5 girls that are either already laying or about to lay and 4 chicks in the brooder. Which size countertop display should I get? One holds 2 dozen and the other holds 3 dozen. I eat 3 eggs per day, hubs will eat 4 a few times per week, and my kids probably consume 6 total per week. My in-laws will likely take a half/full dozen twice a month once they’re really producing. I can’t figure out if I’ll be sad I don’t have extra space or if it’ll be so empty with the larger one it’ll look silly.

Toplife Spiral Design Metal Egg Skelter Dispenser Rack, Storage Display Rack, Black https://a.co/d/ccRBg5D

OBVIS Spiral Egg Skelter Dispenser Rack Metal Storage Holder Display Countertop Black https://a.co/d/5KKnSmG
I'm no help at all. DH insists eggs must be washed...so my eggs go straight into the fridge and the oldest get recycled back to pets every so often.

The racks sure look handy though!

Today I spent some time with the flock after Ruby's death.

They all seem to be doing pretty good, except for Ruby's sister, Bianca.

I think I already showed you this picture... It is from the last time they chilled together.

IMG_20231105_152152.jpg

And I mean, they've been always together...

I mean, always.

rubyybianca7.jpg

As chicks...

rubyybianca6.jpg

As pullets...

rubyybianca5.jpg

As hens...

rubyybianca3.jpg

As... partners in crime?

rubyybianca2.jpg

It's killing me that Bianca is being more clingy with me than usual and I can't get another friend for her... I just wish my barred rocks weren't assh0l3s who do not fully accept her in the flock, even though they've grown up together...

DH loves chicken and dumplings. Southern boy, you know? Funny story. I learned how to make this from his aunt and grandma. One day he told someone that I make gourmet chicken and dumplings, because there are no bones in it. Apparently, his family didn't pick the bones out, you had to do it yourself while eating. I just might have to give him a throwback sometime, and be a lazybones. 😉
Back in the early days of our marriage, hubby asked me to make him strawberry pie for his birthday. This was pre-internet and he never told me his mom used to make it, so I didn't think to call and ask her. I ended up egg glazing and baking a pie crust, stuffing it full of fresh strawberries, and setting them with strawberry jello 😂. I just couldn't imagine baking those strawberries and getting anything yummy! Lucky me it was a hit and he still asks for it 😂.

Today I spent some time with the flock after Ruby's death.

They all seem to be doing pretty good, except for Ruby's sister, Bianca.

I think I already showed you this picture... It is from the last time they chilled together.

View attachment 3685996

And I mean, they've been always together...

I mean, always.

View attachment 3686068

As chicks...

View attachment 3686070

As pullets...

View attachment 3686071

As hens...

View attachment 3686072

As... partners in crime?

View attachment 3686073

It's killing me that Bianca is being more clingy with me than usual and I can't get another friend for her... I just wish my barred rocks weren't assh0l3s who do not fully accept her in the flock, even though they've grown up together...
I'm glad Bianca has you to help her feel less lonely and hope she's soothing your heart as well ❤️

Back
Top Bottom