What did you do with your flock today?

I have kept my 6 gals locked inside the run for the last 3 days with no outside yard time for them. Worst mom ever 😆😆😆 Going to toss them some chopped Papaya to make amends, though they will remain locked up, for no reason other than giving the yard a break and for my convenience.

Nice day today, feels a bit cooler than usual.

Still getting very few eggs.
They are on strike from laying until you let them roam, lol 🤣🐓❤️

What a commotion this morning! Birds woke me early this morning with their carrying on. Did a little walk around but nothing to see except excited birds. Not a single dog barked or chased anything...they thoroughly explored the chickens area and found nothing. :idunno
The birds are still at it. What a cacaphony! I'm wide awake from it and my dogs....are snoozing 😴😂. But they're snoozing with the chickens so I'm going to go drink my coffee that's surely cold by now. 😂
That’s how mine sounded when they saw the BOXES in the lawn 😆

Must’ve been something fleeting that had them on high alert! A bit of a heart racing way to start your morning though! 🤪

That’s how mine sounded when they saw the BOXES in the lawn 😆

Must’ve been something fleeting that had them on high alert! A bit of a heart racing way to start your morning though! 🤪
It is! I should have known if the dogs aren't excited, I shouldn't be either...but I had to go explore everything just to be sure. 😂

Today I got the eggs from the girls and that's about all considering the weather. Rain and wind BLUH. I'm staying in the house for the remainder of the day.
I feel you there! I just went out to check on the chickens, especially the babies, because it had started raining just a bit. One of the babies had escaped the run (she’s very tiny and just slips right thru 🤦🏼‍♀️) so I was trying to catch her and return her to cover so she didn’t get too wet…and the sky opened up and just started DUMPING. I chased her towards the run and had to climb thru a tree and there was so much water I couldn’t see and took off my glasses to wipe my eyes and she just vanished. I gave up because I was wet all the way thru my clothes and the water was running off the lawn like a river…and came inside. 15 minutes later and no rain, so I go check for white baby and she’s all huddled in the run like she’d never left! 🤪🤪🤪 So she’s fine and I’m…
Miss Piggy Frown GIF by Muppet Wiki

What did I do with my chooks today?

Well, I chased them away from my work area inside the barn every 60 seconds. The extremely high winds here kept the chooks inside the barn all day; then the wind blew down my temporary panels for the outside run - will fix that tomorrow - so just as well they were inside.

Meanwhile inside I was working on replacing stall walls in the section of the barn I am renovating; and of course all 30 chooks had to inspect every move I made, while leaving slippery little deposited on the brick pavers.

But they had a blast so I guess that is the most important thing!

1B89944C-E401-44D2-AE57-C39456D2E057.jpeg

I feel you there! I just went out to check on the chickens, especially the babies, because it had started raining just a bit. One of the babies had escaped the run (she’s very tiny and just slips right thru 🤦🏼‍♀️) so I was trying to catch her and return her to cover so she didn’t get too wet…and the sky opened up and just started DUMPING. I chased her towards the run and had to climb thru a tree and there was so much water I couldn’t see and took off my glasses to wipe my eyes and she just vanished. I gave up because I was wet all the way thru my clothes and the water was running off the lawn like a river…and came inside. 15 minutes later and no rain, so I go check for white baby and she’s all huddled in the run like she’d never left! 🤪🤪🤪 So she’s fine and I’m…
Miss Piggy Frown GIF by Muppet Wiki
LOL 🤣. I can just imagine. The rain hasn't been bad but still I get crouchy when I get ill especially a headache. My husband tries to help me but I just turn into the devil and he gets upset because he wants to help me but he can't because I don't care for anyone trying to help me. It sucks but that's just the way I am.

LOL 🤣. I can just imagine. The rain hasn't been bad but still I get crouchy when I get ill especially a headache. My husband tries to help me but I just turn into the devil and he gets upset because he wants to help me but he can't because I don't care for anyone trying to help me. It sucks but that's just the way I am.
Hope you feel better ❤️

Back
Top Bottom