What did you do with your flock today?

I really have to watch my step when they do that. Have accidentally stepped on some toes. My cat does the same thing, don't realize that he was underfoot until he scurries away after being tripped over.
Pets (used to be when I was a Nurse) the number one trip hazard for elderly resulting in fractures.

And I seem to be tripping over the chooks multiple times daily, they are constantly underfoot.

Today I was working on Hen House ‘B’ putting in some framing to insulate a north wall which is cement block. The big trouble makers are my older Silkies, my young pullet Eli-too (she is my site construction inspector), and my Azur Blues (big surprise with those ladies being ‘factory’ raised and I got as POL), they are all the most nosey friendliest chooks, always have to see what I am doing, not afraid of the saw going, have a fascination with the drill and generally have to be right in my face when I am trying to work.

Eli-too is now too big to roost on my drill now, and has graduated to sitting on the round saw 😳 will need a new photo of that, meanwhile blast from the past photo of Eli-too keeping my drill warmed up

49829F74-D9FE-41DF-A78F-8FC8747B4197.jpeg

"The giant brought us grapes!"View attachment 3655167

We're out of home-grown tomatoes, just a few little green plum tomatoes are hanging on (the vine), and since the chick(en)s finished the last watermelon yesterday, grapes it is!
They are lovely, I have a fondness for BR patterns, and of course spots, is that 4 BR and 1 spotty chook I see there ? 🥰

If it were my chickens being attacked/killed I think I would be up before dawn, waiting for the dog with a gun. The laws here allow for shooting dogs that are killing livestock.
Me too. A pellet in the butt, though I'd probably feel bad after a bit. Dog is just being a dog. The owners are really to blame. Asking humane society to trap, or for a trap, is probably the correct move. 🫣

Cuddled my heirloom chicken. She was inherited from my bestie who just got her angel wings from early cancer. She’s my best chicken. She gives me two eggs every day. I don’t think it’s coincidence. She’s very special. 3 years old too. Very strange but I think my friend Beth blessed me through her ❤️❤️🦅

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 3
Me too. A pellet in the butt, though I'd probably feel bad after a bit. Dog is just being a dog. The owners are really to blame. Asking humane society to trap, or for a trap, is probably the correct move. 🫣
This really depends on how far into bfe you are. Dog is just being a dog, but city folk dump their dogs in the country so that country folk can "take care of it"... Wild dogs are not the same thing as "neighbor dog" wild dog is a lot more like a coyote than a dog. Sadly.

Out here the humane society won't take them, and even if I could get the animal control dude out here (I can't) the dog would be dead in a day at the shelter, because it's more wild than pet.

I know this is not the situation in cities. When your nearest neighbor has a few acres between you and them, the situation is different.

Pets (used to be when I was a Nurse) the number one trip hazard for elderly resulting in fractures.

And I seem to be tripping over the chooks multiple times daily, they are constantly underfoot.

Today I was working on Hen House ‘B’ putting in some framing to insulate a north wall which is cement block. The big trouble makers are my older Silkies, my young pullet Eli-too (she is my site construction inspector), and my Azur Blues (big surprise with those ladies being ‘factory’ raised and I got as POL), they are all the most nosey friendliest chooks, always have to see what I am doing, not afraid of the saw going, have a fascination with the drill and generally have to be right in my face when I am trying to work.

Eli-too is now too big to roost on my drill now, and has graduated to sitting on the round saw 😳 will need a new photo of that, meanwhile blast from the past photo of Eli-too keeping my drill warmed up

View attachment 3655145
They definitely trust you and are certain what ever your doing is good for them!❤️

No owner and no humane for county residents that I know of. I locked and loaded and will be in the coop the dog likes to try and break into. I can put a pellet to good use at point blank range. I'll investigate a coyote trap also as they howl here at night across the road. The cattle across the road from me are protected by burros. On top of everything else today another pet Roo that is a big beautiful White Rock rooster I dubbed Rocky after I got him nearly got ran over trying to be sure I didn't have more treats for him. He circled around in front of me on the John Deere and I couldn't slow down quick enough and got his foot under the front tire. He's ok but probably Ticked with me about it but it was his fault. :(

Back
Top Bottom