What did you do with your flock today?

Well, just finished my trapping weekend, almost. I have a stack of traps to wash and 11 kitties to care for... outside of my 5. It is almost chicken math! 😳
One of the cats I trapped was wounded, so she needs extra care... 1 has a bad eye infection, so caring for her and her sibling to keep her company and less stress. One kitten I trapped last night has a bad eye infection, I will be fostering him. I trapped the third from the gas station, they are all being treated for eye infections. And KCCP gal asked if I could take 2 of hers, she is full. I said yes to all 😂🤣🤣😂🤣View attachment 3644718View attachment 3644720View attachment 3644721View attachment 3644722
I can't wait for them all to warm up to me ♡
Oh My! Kitty heaven! 😍😍😍
They won't take long to fall in love with you. You are a wonderful human!

Penelope's roo-like behaviour has intensified this morning. Not only did she do the wing dance and shuffle for the rest of the ladies, she actually tidbitted them! ALL my girls will make tidbitting noises if they find something great to eat, but Penelope took it a step further by offering Clara and Pru half a grape each! She was picking it up and dropping it in front of them just like the boys. Clara just looked thoroughly confused but Pru accepted it. If it's a free grape, Pru doesn't care who gives her it!🤣

Well, just finished my trapping weekend, almost. I have a stack of traps to wash and 11 kitties to care for... outside of my 5. It is almost chicken math! 😳
One of the cats I trapped was wounded, so she needs extra care... 1 has a bad eye infection, so caring for her and her sibling to keep her company and less stress. One kitten I trapped last night has a bad eye infection, I will be fostering him. I trapped the third from the gas station, they are all being treated for eye infections. And KCCP gal asked if I could take 2 of hers, she is full. I said yes to all 😂🤣🤣😂🤣View attachment 3644718View attachment 3644720View attachment 3644721View attachment 3644722
They're so cute....I'm sure they'll all find homes quickly once they're healthy. They should warm up fast as they get healthy and learn the pleasure of security ❤️

Penelope's roo-like behaviour has intensified this morning. Not only did she do the wing dance and shuffle for the rest of the ladies, she actually tidbitted them! ALL my girls will make tidbitting noises if they find something great to eat, but Penelope took it a step further by offering Clara and Pru half a grape each! She was picking it up and dropping it in front of them just like the boys. Clara just looked thoroughly confused but Pru accepted it. If it's a free grape, Pru doesn't care who gives her it!🤣
Is Penelope still laying or have any comb growth happening? I have a hen turned roo here....she's not really a roo, she just looks and acts like one now, except her neck, saddle and tail feathers lack points. Hens only have one ovary and if it dies they start producing enough male hormones to physically change them. My girl/boy tidbits like crazy! I had a 5 gallon no mess bucket feeder in with her flock and I had to remove it. She started guarding the feed ports and pulling food out for the other hens. She could empty a five gallon feeder in less then 24 hours! I've never had an actual roo that tidbits so much. She's quite clever about it... anytime anyone would try to eat she'd get her head in there first and they didn't get food til she gave them some 😂

God bless you. I used to volunteer for a local animal rescue and was amazed at the unselfish devotion by those who did the trapping, and those who housed the cats. I just cleaned.

Back
Top Bottom