What did you do with your flock today?

I took rocky for a ride on the John Deere this morning and let him get his snack out of my shirt pocket. Next thing you know he will want to drive. He crows while riding now. I got to get a keep sake video of his antics while riding. While riding through the flock of RIR's some of them were jumping up on the mower deck catching a ride.... My chickens are as crazy as I am most days.

Wow! You call me gifted? No way could I put that together from scratch. I struggle to put flat packs up.
The kittens look delighted with their new lodgings!

DH felt well enough to go to the allotment yesterday and discovered a huge willow had blown down on top of our heritage apple trees. It managed to miss my Bramley totally but my Pitmaston Pineapple (my favourite - it really does taste of pineapple!), Devonshire Quarrenden and Tom Putt didn't fare so well. Going to have to hire some plant machinery to get rid of the willow.
He did manage to get in a quarter of our corn harvest. Any tips on canning it? I've shucked and frozen this lot but there's loads more to come.View attachment 3643905

And here's that photo of Elliot as a kitten, showing off that spotty belly!View attachment 3643906
Oh my gosh, you are such a farmer! Bravo, love it!! Elliot is such a beautiful grey kitty ♡ I'm powerless over all of those stripes 🤩 perfect.

For canning the corn my wife would tell you to consult the Ball Canning book. I don't know what you have available in the UK as books but the information from Ball should be available on their website. HTH.

https://www.ballmasonjars.com/pressure-canning.html
For sure you will have to pressure can it, that's all I know. Since it's a low-acid food. It will be beautiful, update with pics!

I took rocky for a ride on the John Deere this morning and let him get his snack out of my shirt pocket. Next thing you know he will want to drive. He crows while riding now. I got to get a keep sake video of his antics while riding. While riding through the flock of RIR's some of them were jumping up on the mower deck catching a ride.... My chickens are as crazy as I am most days.
Crazy, Larry! If you make a video, please share in Grannyland as well! 😉

It's time to take Shuster out for a ride down to the house of hens. He likes to go in the coop with me while I fill their feeder. I don't remember sharing Shusters mug shot but just in case here is the rascal. He is a handsome Cus. Even some of the girls think so.
IMG_20230921_101905934.jpg

It's time to take Shuster out for a ride down to the house of hens. He likes to go in the coop with me while I fill their feeder. I don't remember sharing Shusters mug shot but just in case here is the rascal. He is a handsome Cus. Even some of the girls think so.
View attachment 3644437
A handsome cuss indeed. I think there is another handsome cuss hiding behind him. 😉

I managed to get a few shots of my little darling pullet that is half Cubalaya and half American Game Fowl. Honey was given to me as a rooster that I was rehoming along with 2 others. A few weeks later she started acting like a pullet and got real friendly while the other two are definitely roos. One is Indio Gigante x Aseel and the other is Ameraucana X AGF.

Wow! You call me gifted? No way could I put that together from scratch. I struggle to put flat packs up.
The kittens look delighted with their new lodgings!

DH felt well enough to go to the allotment yesterday and discovered a huge willow had blown down on top of our heritage apple trees. It managed to miss my Bramley totally but my Pitmaston Pineapple (my favourite - it really does taste of pineapple!), Devonshire Quarrenden and Tom Putt didn't fare so well. Going to have to hire some plant machinery to get rid of the willow.
He did manage to get in a quarter of our corn harvest. Any tips on canning it? I've shucked and frozen this lot but there's loads more to come.View attachment 3643905

And here's that photo of Elliot as a kitten, showing off that spotty belly!View attachment 3643906
Elliot is adorable 🥰 omg!

This little gal is Yeppeuda. Her name means pretty in Korean. She's a yokohama/aloha mix and just the sweetest little girl in the world. She's one of the birds I should re-home but I don't think that's going to happen...I just enjoy her too much 😂 One of these days I'll have to get a picture where her splotchy feathers show...dont tell her, but her personality is prettier than her feathers!
Resized_20230924_185008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom