What did you do with your flock today?

Spent a little time with the chickens this morning while we got a bit of drizzle from Hurricane Hilary. It’s muggy, but cloudy with a lovely breeze and a smattering of rain. Feels quite nice, wish it would stay a bit longer! 😍

I love this little dude—he’s gonna be one of my bantam Lav cuckoo EE roosters. I decided to name him Colonel Mustard hehe. He’s super sweet and Aria loves him of course.
View attachment 3615900

This guy is Professor Plum, and will also be in my EE flock. He has fantastic barring but his beard isn’t as impressive. I also think he has better potential to use for my d’Anver line if I want barring. He has nice body type.
View attachment 3615902

This girl is Ms Scarlett and while she was supposed to be a Watermaal, she has no crest and a normal rose comb, so I need to figure out what to do about her :) She is tiny, has nice tight feathering, and a beautiful feather sheen 😍😍
View attachment 3615904
View attachment 3615905

And Cookie is doing such a good job mothering her brood. I really love watching them mother the babies.
View attachment 3615906
View attachment 3615908
Cuteness OVERLOAD!!! So many babies and fluffy checks!!! 😱😆

The first time I gave one of our neighbors a dozen fresh eggs, he thought they were old because of how they peeled! I had to explain to him the difference between fresh and store bought, how to boil for an easy peel, how to float test etc. Now he loves fresh eggs...but the first few times I gave him eggs, he fed them to his dog because of how they peeled. 🤣😭
What happened to egg salad? Well, he is now smarter because of you.

Spent a little time with the chickens this morning while we got a bit of drizzle from Hurricane Hilary. It’s muggy, but cloudy with a lovely breeze and a smattering of rain. Feels quite nice, wish it would stay a bit longer! 😍

I love this little dude—he’s gonna be one of my bantam Lav cuckoo EE roosters. I decided to name him Colonel Mustard hehe. He’s super sweet and Aria loves him of course.
View attachment 3615900

This guy is Professor Plum, and will also be in my EE flock. He has fantastic barring but his beard isn’t as impressive. I also think he has better potential to use for my d’Anver line if I want barring. He has nice body type.
View attachment 3615902

This girl is Ms Scarlett and while she was supposed to be a Watermaal, she has no crest and a normal rose comb, so I need to figure out what to do about her :) She is tiny, has nice tight feathering, and a beautiful feather sheen 😍😍
View attachment 3615904
View attachment 3615905

And Cookie is doing such a good job mothering her brood. I really love watching them mother the babies.
View attachment 3615906
View attachment 3615908
Such beauties! If I'm ever your way, would love to see you and your flock in person. Pictures never do any justice to how lovely they really are.

View attachment 3615900

View attachment 3615902

View attachment 3615904
View attachment 3615905

View attachment 3615906
View attachment 3615908
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!

:love :love :love

I've a lot to do before I'm one handed again. Surgery on the other hand this week Thursday. So glad to have DH and boys to help, and a sweet girlfriend who lives one street over. Upon seeing the girls this morning, noticed their faces looked like a little toddler's face after eating some chocolate. They've been pecking peaches, and the sweet juice plus the dusty dirt from their baths make for caked on dirt. Same every summer, so far. Hoping the peeps in the storm Hillary's path stay safe, and there isn't much flooding. My cousin was fortunate that his house is still standing after the Medical Lake Gray fire in Eastern WA. Many of his neighbors lost their homes. So sad for that community.

Back
Top Bottom