What did you do with your flock today?

I have 5 hens that travel tightly in a pack. When we are hanging out, sometimes, they want to travel along, one will stay with me, or come back to get me. The one hen is telling me 'Lets go'. So I do. I follow to keep up with flock with the informer by my side. When i look for a hen, the others verbally join in. Said chicken always appears from somewhere ; like, 'whats the commotion? I'm right here!? What did I miss?!' Lol 🤣
Beautiful girls!

Had to share! Maybe Shadow doesn’t have to be a rat killer after all…apparently we just need to let Koda out at sunset every night! Murdered it right in front of the kids 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ This is one of the big bucket pooper scoopers for some size reference—it’s at least 10 inches long and thick 😳 Clearly eating well 😒 The kids were so excited and I cried a little 😢 I don’t have a very hard heart and it’s very annoying! 🤪

View attachment 3614576
Well done Koda! Hope your kids weren't too upset by it all!

Oh yeah. I boiled a bunch of eggs in a saucepan, and when I was cooling them under cold water I though they looked great, so I took a picture. Nice looking eggs!

IMG_2761.JPG

We're home and tired but it was fun. Guess I'll still call hubby dear for at least a few more years. 🤣

Hurricane Hilary moved enough west that it wasnt bad at all. It missed AZ completely and Rocky Point was rain all day Saturday and high winds this morning as we were heading home. But gentle rain and not the worst winds I've seen. Saturday we walked all over the beach and town in the rain. It was delightfully wet and wonderful. We didn't even use the umbrellas I brought...we just enjoyed the drizzle and the warmth.

@kurby22 how are you guys doing? Hope to hear all's well there... looking at the maps to see what to expect made me worried for you.

Home front looks great. Gotta say I love my kids! What blessings they are! It's so nice to come home to just everything perfect. I feel very fortunate in my children. Got them both gifts while we were there...think they liked them. 😃

Hope everyones well, happy and chock full of eggs ❤️

Some pics of playful pelicans feeding as the tide came in.
20230819_122057.jpg
20230819_122045.jpg

20230819_120554.jpg

Oh yeah. I boiled a bunch of eggs in a saucepan, and when I was cooling them under cold water I though they looked great, so I took a picture. Nice looking eggs!

View attachment 3615428
Did they peel ok? A friend told.me her trick to use an instant pot to cook eggs. Works like a charm. 99% of the eggs peel great.

Back
Top Bottom