What did you do with your flock today?

I introduced my chickens to the neighbor lady next door today, and let her know that when they start laying in August that she'll be getting some fresh eggs! I don't think I'll be able to eat the entire output of my 8 chickens by myself. Her house is pretty close to mine, so I asked her if she had any objections to me getting a rooster. She said no problem. She can't hear that well anyway.

I introduced my chickens to the neighbor lady next door today, and let her know that when they start laying in August that she'll be getting some fresh eggs! I don't think I'll be able to eat the entire output of my 8 chickens by myself. Her house is pretty close to mine, so I asked her if she had any objections to me getting a rooster. She said no problem. She can't hear that well anyway.
That worked out! 🐓

Love your good neighbor approach and her response ❤️

Put our leghorn, ancona and cemani babies in the outdoor brooder, along with 8 pheasant chicks and two broody hens with 12 chicks. Hopefully the camo shades come tomorrow to cover the top of the run.

Spent time with my lovey teenagers, threw a mean Easter egg in the isolation apartment because she was just being nasty. She’s on her way to being rehomed,, I do not need that bad attitude in her flock.

I’ve put away the incubators, and have someone picking up 9 chicks on Thursday, so I will have 11 chicks I get to raise 🥰

My cats have me pretty well trained but I never thought of training them. I don't think they would stand for it. Probably just shoot me one of their looks, roll their kitty eyes and walk away. Probably plop on my sewing project so I know who is boss.
Elliot is less amenable to doing as he's told but Gracie will do most things for treats. I taught them to sit from being kittens as otherwise they would swarm me like piranhas at treat time. Grace even managed to bite through my thumbnail! They come when whistled too 🤣

@kurby22 too many eggs got me thinking about good egg recipes.

https://www.tillysnest.com/2021/08/got-eggs-bake-it-fresh-berry-clafoutis/

I found this one a few years ago and it ended up being an favorite of mine. I used mangoes as I had too many mangoes also. Eggs and mangoes are great problems to have btw ♡♡♡
Anywho, I cut the sugar in half, used soy milk, wheat flour and raw sugar. It was quick, easy and delicious. Breakfast, snack, desert. 👍👍👍 Love being in the solution 😋 hehehe. 🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚
I  love clafoutis. Cherry is my favourite kind as they're my absolute favourite fruit. Great shout for using up some eggs! I'm going to make a quiche later now I can roll pastry - yay!

Back
Top Bottom