What did you do with your flock today?

It is a dish cloth. I also find the premise to be true with every animal.... But i have taught my cats to sit in command, and apparently that's wierd... 😂
View attachment 3506275 TSC also had this a few weeks back (I take pictures so I don't buy the nick nacks - pictures are cheaper)
I too have taught my cats to sit on command! It didn't occur to me it might be weird....
I love that plaque too! I just need one with a nosey bantam Cochin roo sticking his face in front of mine and eyeballing me indignantly when he's not been offered what I'm trying to eat!
Taking photos is a fabulous idea instead of buying. DH couldn't shake his head in despair at me.

That is a lot of eggs😃

My husband finished up the renovations to the outside brooder. Just need to clean it out, cover up the boxes so the babies roost, and hope these chicks and pheasants do well together until we do something with the pheasants. One of the three Cemani eggs that hatched from shipped new lines is dying, poor baby. He’s gasping for air and I hate seeing it. I gave her drench and egg yolk as she wasn’t taking anything independently. If she makes it , I will be shocked.

Played twister with all the broodys and their babies, shuffling them around. I think I’ll put one of the Cemani broodys with all the chicks in the brooder, along with the two week olds. No more babies! 🤣

Teenagers are thriving and loving, they’re so cute. Everyone else is maintaining their individual levels of crazy 😛

Wonderful news that you're out of the splint! I'm out of my sling - mostly. I'm still using it if my arm particularly aches or I find myself over-using my shoulder. Although i have to be careful, it's just wonderful being able to get on with things again! Like you, I'm waiting for my p.t. appointment.
The surgical theory tests were terrifying! I had to verbally explain how I'd proceed surgically in set scenarios and a written test.
Oh, my, goodness! If it were me, I think I would have died from anxiety and been tongue tied from this oral exam! So nice to be able to have a bit more mobility back, right?, and like you, I stop when my pain tolerance is reached. This whole scheduling process from the referral to now has been a big mix-up. From lost referrals, to wrong referrals (PT instead of OT), calls, waiting, and so on.
Here's what we served at the Tea.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1684217032065.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684217032065.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 3
  • FB_IMG_1684217023891.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684217023891.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 3
Confessions of a chicken mama. Forgot to reopen the door to the coop after cleaning out and replacing shavings yesterday. 2 girls were in. Found out this morning when I heard a bunch of complaining, and realized what I had forgotten. No worries, they all roosted in the fruit trees, which is inside a 6' fence. The complaining was because they all wanted to get into the nesting boxes.
Later when they seemed all done, went to gather eggs and found half an empty shell, and the white beneath, yolk smeared on another egg. Who is doing it?!!! Hasn't happened in over a week or more. I may just have to hang my camera in there. So, if and when I catch him or her, what would you suggest? Maybe jail time? I think I'll fashion some curtains when I get back.
Been going hard planting the rest of the garden and weeding the past few days, which have been unseasonably hot for us. Finally done. High 80's. It has cooled down tonight, with some sprinkles and breeze. Summer is teasing us.
Unlike last year, as my friend says, we had a June-uary. Cold weather in June not friendly to planting warm weather crops.
Had a thought. Could I actually let/make them roost in the trees for the summer, which would cut down on cleaning the coop poop, then open the door after they've gone to bed so they can lay in the morning? I'm so tempted to do this when there's no more rain threat, and it would be cooler, probably. What do you all think?

Confessions of a chicken mama. Forgot to reopen the door to the coop after cleaning out and replacing shavings yesterday. 2 girls were in. Found out this morning when I heard a bunch of complaining, and realized what I had forgotten. No worries, they all roosted in the fruit trees, which is inside a 6' fence. The complaining was because they all wanted to get into the nesting boxes.
Later when they seemed all done, went to gather eggs and found half an empty shell, and the white beneath, yolk smeared on another egg. Who is doing it?!!! Hasn't happened in over a week or more. I may just have to hang my camera in there. So, if and when I catch him or her, what would you suggest? Maybe jail time? I think I'll fashion some curtains when I get back.
Been going hard planting the rest of the garden and weeding the past few days, which have been unseasonably hot for us. Finally done. High 80's. It has cooled down tonight, with some sprinkles and breeze. Summer is teasing us.
Unlike last year, as my friend says, we had a June-uary. Cold weather in June not friendly to planting warm weather crops.
Had a thought. Could I actually let/make them roost in the trees for the summer, which would cut down on cleaning the coop poop, then open the door after they've gone to bed so they can lay in the morning? I'm so tempted to do this when there's no more rain threat, and it would be cooler, probably. What do you all think?
Do you have owls, I think that would be my only concern. Otherwise, it sounds like a great idea!

Not 1 mosquito??? That’s really disappointing! 😫

Your coops look gorgeous, I’m impressed!

I need to find some people to give free eggs to, I have an egg problem 🤪 Pardon the messy kitchen 😫
View attachment 3507052
How many days worth is that? Oh.my.goodness.! Are all the cartons on the table full as well? If you need a suggestion, would your local food bank accept them? Love all the different colors. No egg shortage there!

Oh, my, goodness! If it were me, I think I would have died from anxiety and been tongue tied from this oral exam! So nice to be able to have a bit more mobility back, right?, and like you, I stop when my pain tolerance is reached. This whole scheduling process from the referral to now has been a big mix-up. From lost referrals, to wrong referrals (PT instead of OT), calls, waiting, and so on.
Here's what we served at the Tea.
Oh, wow! That all looks great. Amazing you pulled all that off one-handed 😍

Scrubbed the coops today (yippee!)View attachment 3507038View attachment 3507039even brooder and roo pen. Look at that sparkle! Till tomorrow morning... 💩View attachment 3507040View attachment 3507041I had to wait till this eve to do one nest box and will finish last box first thing in the morning if I can. Working girls gave me another 17 eggs today.

Treated chooks to roasted chicken carcass and fairly full contents of Dyna. View attachment 3507045
Both zappers bulbs burnt out last week and the Tougher Than Tom's have not caught 1 mosquito in 2 weeks ☹️
Forgot to add vitamins to the chickens waterers and did not get to resetting any of the fly bait stations.
Did start 7 bags till Forest plopped on my cutting table and took a nap. Always a sign to take a break. May have another special order.
Gave 4 dozen eggs away.
Your coops and birds always look so good! Everytime you post coop pictures I end up going out and cleaning my coops too 😂. Poop scrapping is not my favorite job but I absolutely love how clean yours always are ❤️.

Give Forest a scritch for me and tell him he's a good boy for getting you to take a break!

Back
Top Bottom