What did you do with your flock today?

Well...I asked my mom how to make a dish and she went and bought me a crazy expensive rice cooker. Think this thing can launch a rocket or something with it's price 😳. I had to read the instruction manual just to figure out how to open it 🤣. Bless my amazing mom!

So today was spent cooking two different dishes with it... 😂. I have an ingredient list to pick up Wednesday after my walk and then I'll be cooking some more. Of course I'll have to call my mom so she can walk me through it... we'll both have fun 😊

My youngest cut the extra wire off the oldest chicken run for me, but that's all the coop work done today. I cleaned one of the brooders, fed, watered and checked on everyone. Need to scrape the landing board in one coop tomorrow. Let Mina out to play and when we walked towards Jazz, Mina started doing these twisty hop jumps. That excited Jazz so she did her horsey version of it...which scared Mina 🤣. They ate dinner together again, then went to their still separate beds.

Started adding feathers to my beer can chicken. Made his wattles and comb. Silly stuff but having fun with it 😃 Using tape to hold things in place while the glue dries. Using leftover liquid nails from a kitchen project I recently finished...hope it holds up outside in the heat and rain! First time I've tried using that glue this way.
View attachment 3424251
Maybe your mom thought that you needed to make some rice to go with that dish that you asked her about?

Well...I asked my mom how to make a dish and she went and bought me a crazy expensive rice cooker. Think this thing can launch a rocket or something with it's price 😳. I had to read the instruction manual just to figure out how to open it 🤣. Bless my amazing mom!

So today was spent cooking two different dishes with it... 😂. I have an ingredient list to pick up Wednesday after my walk and then I'll be cooking some more. Of course I'll have to call my mom so she can walk me through it... we'll both have fun 😊

My youngest cut the extra wire off the oldest chicken run for me, but that's all the coop work done today. I cleaned one of the brooders, fed, watered and checked on everyone. Need to scrape the landing board in one coop tomorrow. Let Mina out to play and when we walked towards Jazz, Mina started doing these twisty hop jumps. That excited Jazz so she did her horsey version of it...which scared Mina 🤣. They ate dinner together again, then went to their still separate beds.

Started adding feathers to my beer can chicken. Made his wattles and comb. Silly stuff but having fun with it 😃 Using tape to hold things in place while the glue dries. Using leftover liquid nails from a kitchen project I recently finished...hope it holds up outside in the heat and rain! First time I've tried using that glue this way.
View attachment 3424251
There is nothing like learning from your mom. Your food will be delicious. If it's Korean, that's one of my favorites. The chicken is coming along nicely! Isn't it great to have a Cadillac rice cooker? My friend gave me one, and it is fantastic!

Good news! This morning Pepper had no odor or discharge, and her vent looked pretty normal. I think I'll treat her one more day with the antifungal. She turned her beak up at the cracked corn this morning, so later I got the regular feed, dampened it so she wouldn't flick it out of the bowl. She filled up her crop, pronto. Talking more as well. Will keep her separated for another week, and will give her exposure back with the flock if her vent stays normal for the next few days. So glad these past 2 weeks are done.
8 eggs today! Filled feeders. Cock E attacked the feed bag again. Those boys sure have some powerful kicks! They'd make great futbol/soccer players if one could train them.

This morning Pepper had no odor or discharge, and her vent looked pretty normal.
Terrific!!! Great job @PopoMyers

@ChicksnMore you are so fun and amazing!

I still make my rice in a fancy pot 🤣
Works perfect everytime!

Photo shoot of the boys this eve
20230306_171840.jpg
20230306_171847.jpg

Maybe your mom thought that you needed to make some rice to go with that dish that you asked her about?
The dish I asked about is a type of rice cake she made when I was a kid. I remember her making it in a steamer, but turns out these days she uses a pressure cooking rice cooker to make it. I suggested an instant pot and she let me know that's not good enough 😂
Good news! This morning Pepper had no odor or discharge, and her vent looked pretty normal. I think I'll treat her one more day with the antifungal. She turned her beak up at the cracked corn this morning, so later I got the regular feed, dampened it so she wouldn't flick it out of the bowl. She filled up her crop, pronto. Talking more as well. Will keep her separated for another week, and will give her exposure back with the flock if her vent stays normal for the next few days. So glad these past 2 weeks are done.
8 eggs today! Filled feeders. Cock E attacked the feed bag again. Those boys sure have some powerful kicks! They'd make great futbol/soccer players if one could train them.
Hooray for Pepper! Fingers crossed her vent stays good. 🤞
Terrific!!! Great job @PopoMyers

@ChicksnMore you are so fun and amazing!

I still make my rice in a fancy pot 🤣
Works perfect everytime!

Photo shoot of the boys this eveView attachment 3424318View attachment 3424319
Beautiful boys 😍

The dish I asked about is a type of rice cake she made when I was a kid. I remember her making it in a steamer, but turns out these days she uses a pressure cooking rice cooker to make it. I suggested an instant pot and she let me know that's not good enough 😂

Beautiful boys 😍
That sounds delicious and very cool of mom to give you guidance. She sounds like a cool gal ♡♡♡

Beautiful boys 😍
We used to buy rice cake from the Chinese bakery. Is it white with holes, like a sponge, but made with rice, yeast, sugar and water?

My big black dog Iri is very mental. She's my right mazer of a dog. She chases butterfly shadows. All the other dogs come running, sniff, look confused and wander off. Meanwhile she happily dances after the shadow until the butterfly lands. Then she stops, stares right at the butterfly, waits a minute...then gently nudges it so she can go back to chasing it's shadow. 🤣 She's my sweet gentle giant. Not that she's actually that big...but for some reason it's how I think of her.

I'd be happy to bring food, do subway or whatever ❤️ Can we go hiking up Koke? 🥰
Wow on the bags! That's amazing dedication ❤️
Iri sounds just adorable! 😍 I can just picture her gambolling across the fields... does she chase cloud shadows too? Or just butterfly shadows?

View attachment 3424251
Your tin chicken will be awesome, I can just tell! Loving the look of it already. When i was little there was a kid's programme over here called The Clangers. Idk if it ever made it to your side of the world. It was about these little pink creatures who lived on the moon and only communicated in whistles. Anyway, they shared their world with the iron chicken who only ate bits of scrap metal. I loved the iron chicken (unsurprisingly!) and somehow your chicken reminds me of it 🤣

Moms are just the best!

There is nothing like learning from your mom. Your food will be delicious. If it's Korean, that's one of my favorites. The chicken is coming along nicely! Isn't it great to have a Cadillac rice cooker? My friend gave me one, and it is fantastic!
We have very limited kitchen space so every appliance i buy has to really earn it's spot. I use my Instant Pot for cooking rice and find that pretty good but is a rice cooker better? My Thai friend recommended i get one. We do eat a lot of rice but I'm not sure i can justify the space it will take up. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom