What did you do with your flock today?

Yall look what DH got me for Christmas!
What do ya do when ya snowed in and checking ya babies every few minutes?!
Open gifts!
Hisea for the win!!!
No more numb toes! Who knew that was even possible this cold!

Attachments

• X37Z2mFd-527282403~2.jpeg
    X37Z2mFd-527282403~2.jpeg
    650.2 KB · Views: 1
Well I got my coffee maker fixed…thank goodness!! I could not do another day without it! But it just got too cold and didn’t want to function. Temps went up to -1 and the windchill is at -25 and the wind dropped to 25mph. Sounds SOO terrible…but honestly what it has been, it is SOO MUCH better!

Oh and my pipes to my kitchen froze so we had to shut the water off to it so it didn’t get worse and bust. Thought it very well might anyway. And the propane delivery is supposed to be today…haven’t seen them yet even though it’s 2pm here. Can’t bake cookies with the kids anyway cause I can’t wash the dishes. I was really wanting to decorate with them. It is something I really enjoy doing. And my older 3 go to their bio dads tomorrow so Christmas will probably have to wait until they get home.
Man! That is awful!!! I'm so sorry! I was just telling the neighbor things can always be worse.
We never know what others are going through! Prayin for yall!!!

I was thinking how awesome it is that you two (@FBMcrazy8 & @Gammas Bearded Babies) don't work outside of the house at this time. I mean, that is a major bonus ♡. I feel for those who are @ work and unable to check on their babies during this severe weather.
Severe weather is the new normal. 🤷‍♀️
Guess we had better get used to and adapt.

@FBMcrazy8 hope you have propane by now! I can't imagine that kind of cold.

@Gammas Bearded Babies O those boots are to die for! So adorable and they look like they'll keep your toes warm and dry. Well done hubby and an early Merry Christmas for you ❤️❤️❤️
I don’t 😭😭😭. They never delivered it even though they called yesterday to confirm the delivery for today. I’m just hoping they can get here before we loose it. We have been conserving it as best as we can.

I was thinking how awesome it is that you two (@FBMcrazy8 & @Gammas Bearded Babies) don't work outside of the house at this time. I mean, that is a major bonus ♡. I feel for those who are @ work and unable to check on their babies during this severe weather.
Severe weather is the new normal. 🤷‍♀️
Guess we had better get used to and adapt.
I do understand what you mean. My husband used to be an Ironworker, he was on the crew that rebuilt the Joplin Missouri hospital when the tornado took it out. I don’t know that it is well know. Everywhere but that is about the most well known place around here. He also built the new Facebook facility in the Quad Cities (Iowa/Illinois). Anyway, he would be in freezing temps and showing me his face with icicles stick to it. He gets to work more inside but still has to be outside most of the time. I try to help him be as warm as possible everyday. But I appreciate everyone that had to do this every day. Including my DH. Unfortunately this isn’t not anywhere near close to the weather we have to deal with daily or even weekly. This is REALLY extreme temps for this area.

Well everything worked out today with the two waterers just as I hoped it would, I rotated them out every two to two and a half hours and they had good water all day. I just brought the one I took out of their coop and brought it inside and ran a little water around it and the base screwed right off to rinse out and fill back up for the next time. It sure beat the heck out of trying to thaw out metal ones. They were a good investment. : )

@FBMcrazy8 @Gammas Bearded Babies so sorry for all you are having to go through. So glad the coffee maker is fixed. I can't even imagine a kitchen being that cold. Praying for the weather to break soon for all y'all's sake and sanity.
Woke up to an ice skating rink everywhere in our county. DH scraped ice off the stairs and porch, but driveway is still icy, as I found out. Did not even attempt to go to the mailbox. The older we get, the harder we fall. Every now and then I hear the ice and snow sliding off the solar panels. Sounds like a bunch of gravel rolling down the roof.
Didn't get out to the chickens today, but we are finally above freezing so eggs should be ok. Rain and warmer for the next week, 50 on Sunday. 😀 The chickens may want out even in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom