What did you do with your flock today?

Lol. I tried telling this guy that I had one already and had one that was 2 weeks old (no longer have him) and I tried explaining that I really couldn’t take another. It was like I was talking to a brick wall :he. He wasn’t hearing me. He just wanted to get rid of his problem and make it mine. I have honestly wondered when I would go out and find an extra rooster in my run one morning.
Lol. I think at that point I might have said, Sure, I'll take him. But I'm changing his name to Stu.

Tonight's sunset was all about the clouds.View attachment 3230223

It was late by the time I did my evening rounds today. But I had my phone with me so I took some pictures of the yokos. Poor babies were sleepy!View attachment 3230226View attachment 3230229View attachment 3230231View attachment 3230234View attachment 3230235
Oh they r so pretty!!!
I am always so amazed at all the different breeds there are! Another one I had never heard of and so pretty!!!

Happy Sunday all!

@ChicksnMore & @kurby22 BEAUTIFUL birds (and scorpion and sunset ♡) Incredible beauties and fabulous shares.

@FrankieDoodle how are the babies? How are you feeling about your pigeon housing? Will you breed again?

My honey decided to come up on Friday afternoon so I had to switch gears and clean up my sewing mess (threads all over the floor lol) and make dinner. I ended up twisting my ankle helping dh so no walks for a few days ☹. He left after pancakes yesterday and I got back to my sewing. 7 more bags- and my best yet despite the condition of the bags, just stored for a long time and wrinkled. I figured out a few things that work for me and my machine- which is fairly new to me (in the closet for a few years after craigslist purchase) got some of our bugs worked out plus better quality and useful tricks. Very happy with my direction. Feels good getting better at it.
20220821_042540.jpg
20220820_102706.jpg

Headed down the hill today. Broody should be in lockdown.. . Almost expect to see little faces ♡ may be able to lock down the incubator, Little Man's person should be showing up around noon and I am going to show him how to worm his flock and I can drop off the mulch I grabbed, though still have not decided if I will take my truck or just scoot down as it is supposed to be a nice day. Rain dh told me about... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ was not a thing.
I also really miss my buffs and pullets. .. and I get to watch my guy Miguel Pupo win Teahepoo! On YouTube. Been spying this kid with great style and humility for awhile and this is a great win.

https://beachgrit.com/2022/08/littl...wizardry-as-good-as-anyone-could-have-surfed/

@Gammas Bearded Babies when do we get to see more of your fabulous coop and how was your holiday? Did you enjoy and where your chickens perfect?
I should be askin u bout that ankle! You better take it easy!

I'm amazed at how ya can get bored on vacation (lack of normal everyday "chores) then get back home and immediately feel tired again from everything ya need to do! Lol
Ok vacation was good but we need to stick to no more than 5 days...we always waste anything more than that...which we did again and got stuck at airport for it...but we r home and got to see all the grandbabies and find out we are gonna have a granddaughter in April after all these boys!!! So that's exciting!
All MY babies did very well...except for Coco bring a boy! Guess he was before we left too just didn't know (and praying really hard for girl!) He's gorgeous though and I may just have to keep lil bubs!
All the others were very happy to see me til I did a health check on em all...but they did very well! Even Bluey relaxed and let me...then he was like I'm outta here! Never had a boy like him at all!
Got a lot of gardening to tend to and decide what to do bout this week before I get my spine implant removed in a week.
The last stimulator never worked and after 3 years has decided to give me additional problems and pain so they finally r gonna remove it!
Thank you for askin bout everything!

Attachments

• 20220819_093819.jpg
    20220819_093819.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 2
I should be askin u bout that ankle! You better take it easy!

I'm amazed at how ya can get bored on vacation (lack of normal everyday "chores) then get back home and immediately feel tired again from everything ya need to do! Lol
Ok vacation was good but we need to stick to no more than 5 days...we always waste anything more than that...which we did again and got stuck at airport for it...but we r home and got to see all the grandbabies and find out we are gonna have a granddaughter in April after all these boys!!! So that's exciting!
All MY babies did very well...except for Coco bring a boy! Guess he was before we left too just didn't know (and praying really hard for girl!) He's gorgeous though and I may just have to keep lil bubs!
All the others were very happy to see me til I did a health check on em all...but they did very well! Even Bluey relaxed and let me...then he was like I'm outta here! Never had a boy like him at all!
Got a lot of gardening to tend to and decide what to do bout this week before I get my spine implant removed in a week.
The last stimulator never worked and after 3 years has decided to give me additional problems and pain so they finally r gonna remove it!
Thank you for askin bout everything!
Well, I try to wait patiently but patience is not my strong point 🤦‍♀️ Thank you for adding some details ♡ and photo! ♡♡ I think your chooks are so cute.
I'm glad their are so many varieties on this thread. It's like a candy shop cept I can't get phat looking!

Well, I try to wait patiently but patience is not my strong point 🤦‍♀️ Thank you for adding some details ♡ and photo! ♡♡ I think your chooks are so cute.
I'm glad their are so many varieties on this thread. It's like a candy shop cept I can't get phat looking!
I feel ya...I don't have much luck with patience either! Your bags are so cute!!! I miss sewing...but between my eyes and hands...not to mention my brain it's more frustrating than rewarding! I have a Tennessee Waltz quilt that I had cut out, sewed together, then took it all out cuz my seams weren't perfectly straight and ¼"...oh how I regret that now! It was all quilt shop expensive fabric too...and I got enough to make a bed ruffle and Roman blinds to match it! All that is the ONLY thing I have held on to from my quilting/sewing days in hopes of finishing it...but not looking promising!

Back
Top Bottom