What did you do with your flock today?

i think I have made it this far with my chickens, through everything, by, being there. At the end of the day, Its your call, and your decisions. watching them and being with them makes these decisions easier. You stick close to the flock through it all. You wont questions your instincts. Good luck with your cockerel <3
Thank you!!! I want this integration to go well. I want them to be as one flock.

So I went to the coop last night to put the girls away and noticed my French black maran’s comb was a little pale. I picked her up and checked her and didnt see any mites, live, fleas…nothing. She active and running around and eating and drinking just fine. This morning I went out and noticed that there was black spots on her comb. They are not spots like I would think fowl pox would be. They aren’t raised. And it hasn’t been cold enough for frostbite. Not even close. Then I was taking pictures and noticed a few more like this. Not all of them but just a few. Any ideas what this could be? I figured I would ask you all first cause making my own thread for it, I haven’t been very successful with questions

Attachments

• C104052F-2DAE-4717-A891-29ACF612444A.jpeg
    C104052F-2DAE-4717-A891-29ACF612444A.jpeg
    883.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 758A1D9F-97E0-46C3-B218-B9BBFE12E955.jpeg
    758A1D9F-97E0-46C3-B218-B9BBFE12E955.jpeg
    895 KB · Views: 2
  • 1312AAF3-73D0-4783-BB72-37B356E3CF67.jpeg
    1312AAF3-73D0-4783-BB72-37B356E3CF67.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 2
I can't tell from the photo but my first thought would be to rub Vaseline on their combs, treat birds and coop with pyrethrin, then DE and add iron to their diets. When was the last time you wormed your flock?
I am sure that is an over reaction lol. But good to have solutions 😉
I haven’t yet. They are only 11 weeks and I haven’t seen any signs of them. I keep reading to not worm them unless they have them. Which I do check their poop often for any signs.

I can't tell from the photo but my first thought would be to rub Vaseline on their combs, treat birds and coop with pyrethrin, then DE and add iron to their diets. When was the last time you wormed your flock?
I am sure that is an over reaction lol. But good to have solutions 😉
I will see if I can’t catch her. She is always at my feet but doesn’t like me picking her up

Good morning gang and happy Aloha Thursday!
Much the same here but very windy! The forest is creaking, singing, moaning and crackling 😬😬😬 Gave the kids some oatmeal w/walnuts and craisens, fed lost pup, spoiling kitties. Think I am going to start on my feed bag/recycle bag sewing project. Will have to tune up my sewing machine first. May take a trip down to set up cages so can care for a few cats after surgery ✂️✂️, pick up dog trap, more dog, cat and chicken food.... that may be it.
Missing home today
88248.jpeg

I will see if I can’t catch her. She is always at my feet but doesn’t like me picking her up
Pullets ♡ she will most likely settle once she starts giving you eggs ♡

Well, because of the turning pale I'd keep my suspicions towards parasites. Does not hurt to add a touch of iron to their diets in times of need. Crushed people iron sprinkled lightly on wet feed may help the anemia. Rooster Booster has a great poultry vitamin with iron in it. If you can find, it think it is like $15 and nice to have on hand. I put 2 tblsp in 1 gal water.

Pullets ♡ she will most likely settle once she starts giving you eggs ♡

Well, because of the turning pale I'd keep my suspicions towards parasites. Does not hurt to add a touch of iron to their diets in times of need. Crushed people iron sprinkled lightly on wet feed may help the anemia. Rooster Booster has a great poultry vitamin with iron in it. If you can find, it think it is like $15 and nice to have on hand. I put 2 tblsp in 1 gal water.
Thank you! I just scrambled some eggs and took it out there. I also added some acv with the mother to the water. I have the dewormer, I’m just not sure how much to give or how well it will go. I may have to wait until tonight after it cools off a little and give them bread with it in it. Otherwise I don’t know that I will get most of them. And a lot of them won’t eat from me. They want what I have, but won’t eat. And some linger behind and wait. Ok, 1 does. And she is the friendliest.

I was checking her feet since she has feathered feet and I didn’t see anything but she scratched my hand trying to get away. These are the pictures I was able to take before all this though.

I’m also adding one for their food. I’m wondering if this metal rod has anything to do with it. Because it sets in the sun in the afternoon until about evening hours if it’s not too hot. Cause none of my Ameraucanas or the Easter Eggers are having any problems. Their combs are flat and don’t touch the metal rod. I just seen her do it and I was standing there sweating and it hit me that might be the problem. We want to put a tarp over the front of their home, just haven’t done it yet. I only got one above the dust bath. This just kinda speeds putting one over the front of the house. Which is where their food and water is. We planted a maple tree but for it to provide shade in the mornings probably won’t happen for a few years…maybe next or the following.

Attachments

• B4C4E64F-96A3-46B7-A310-02C6DD7A8454.jpeg
    B4C4E64F-96A3-46B7-A310-02C6DD7A8454.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 8FE2A095-D51F-4C23-8159-ACF37F99077C.jpeg
    8FE2A095-D51F-4C23-8159-ACF37F99077C.jpeg
    682.3 KB · Views: 2
  • A39794EC-86DD-4DA2-9656-B687DEA5E417.jpeg
    A39794EC-86DD-4DA2-9656-B687DEA5E417.jpeg
    652 KB · Views: 2
  • 85B4B6A8-4891-4043-898E-6CBF4980A362.jpeg
    85B4B6A8-4891-4043-898E-6CBF4980A362.jpeg