What did you do with your flock today?

Oh gosh, this morning 2 of my (favorite) pullets hoped the fence. My auntie saw them outside trying to get and told me about a half hour later when they were disappeared. My heart sank. I called I looked, I drove, called and looked some more. I put a lost and found add on craigslist as maybe a do-gooder thought them lost... next was to call the feed store gal.in hope someone different would come in or mention... another 1/2 hour passes and a miracle. AJ spots them at the neighbors across the street. They had been hiding under the house. As I write a hunting dog is out and sniffing where they were. Now they are safe at home and locked up. This teenage stage is probably the least safe at my house because of the fence hoping. Welp. That was my coffee hour morning. Feel like 🤮🚽 I was so worried.

On the flip side, pre incident, I got to see my big handsome spider do what her does. A few feral roos have been sniffing around, moving closer. One was on top my coop last night and this morning he was at the back fence line. Spider in his large presence proudly walked to the fence larger than life and the roo hightailed. Wished I had my phone, he was beautiful. I can see why my hens love him so.
Oh no, that sounds like a super stressful morning!! I know I was so upset when I couldn't find Cher that night, so I can definitely empathize! I'm so glad you found them safe and sound.

My morning was stressful but different haha...I woke up and my phone was missing! I couldn't find it anywhere and it's always on silent so I couldn't even have someone call it...I hate how dependent I am on it, but I was very panicky. Well after a lot of searching, I lifted all by myself our big Tempurpedic mattress and it fell out. Phew! I apparently fell asleep playing my game on my phone and it fell in between the mattress and headboard hahaha. And I was blaming the cat hehe.

Otherwise, a decent start to my Tuesday! Happy Tuesday all!

Good morning Everyone have 30 cinder blocks calling my name .. It is wet but this is the foundation for the coop.
Hope you take it slow and easy @PJ. That sounds like work for young backs. Most exciting a new coop though! Oh boy I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish I had more room. I just gotta be smart about the room I have and dream forsure and live through those who can and do 😉😉😉 you gunna give us a photo follow along? For me?! 😁

Took the littles outside today for a little. They love it! When they first went out they all stood still for the longest time not moving😂

Attachments

• DBC000D9-2A1B-416F-9EC5-88B1A9AE4282.jpeg
    DBC000D9-2A1B-416F-9EC5-88B1A9AE4282.jpeg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 2
Took the littles outside today for a little. They love it! When they first went out they all stood still for the longest time not moving😂
That is a lot of littles 😍😍😍 just too much fun!

@kurby I am the same as you. My ringer stays off and I check my phone when I can and sit with it when I can. When I misplace it (very rarely as I put things back in their place by habit) it's not good. Glad you found yours easily today.

I think marmots are cute ♡ especially since they are herbivores!

That is a lot of littles 😍😍😍 just too much fun!

@kurby I am the same as you. My ringer stays off and I check my phone when I can and sit with it when I can. When I misplace it (very rarely as I put things back in their place by habit) it's not good. Glad you found yours easily today.

I think marmots are cute ♡ especially since they are herbivores!
Thank you! They are a blast and my kiddos love them!

Thank you! They are a blast and my kiddos love them!

Well they are beautiful and I hope you keep us posted on your adventures.

Lived through that mowed the back with out yard tractor.
Once it has some semblance of a coop I will take photos.

@PJ I'd really like that. I love coop builds. 😍
78183.jpeg

Well, we got our new compost bins built and inspected. Now if the inspector would quit pushing on the fence posts it'd be great. Don't want to have to replace those any sooner than needed. 😕

@ChicksnMore the feather is beautiful! Who's is it? ♡♡♡
@Bonkerelli must have been a sight to see!
@Suzz Beautiful flock. What a great lunch ♡

Good morning gang! @PJ & @kurby ladies ♡ 🌺Aloha kakahiaka! I hope everyone's Tuesday is awesome! 🌊🏄‍♀️
Pretty sure that was from one of the roos I gave away recently. Hes a pretty mutt boy with ee and yoko in him. Big puffy cheeks, long legs and tail and very colorful feathers. I only keep yoko roosters in the big birds though. Let's me know my yoko eggs are all yoko.

So glad you got your babies back!

Back
Top Bottom