What did you do with your flock today?

He's an Anatolian Shepherd. Some people call them Turkish Kangals...and some people think they're 2 separate breeds. Either way, it's a livestock guardian breed. His daddy is 165 pounds. They've been bred for 6,000 years to do one job: independently guard livestock. So, he's supposed to basically have the attitude of "Dont bother me...I'll decide for myself what I deem important." We've also got them as livestock dogs, but this particular one lives indoors. They're absolute softies with their people, but take their t---i---m---e about everything, unless there's a threat and then they are ON it!
Ahhh yes! I didn’t know they could get that heavy! They are a beautiful dog breed!

Holy moly! Is it a Newfie? I think we need to see this spoiled baby that does important work! 😬
This is the big baby:
20211214_203334.jpg

Oh he is a beautiful boy! And he looks like he knows it! He is sitting so regally, like he’s at his throne 👑
I need to stop hijacking this thread, but I will say this: yes he does know it. And being a service dog does not mesh with his deep seeded conviction that every single human he encounters should stop what they're doing to oooo and aaah over how gorgeous he is.

Well, good morning chatter boxes! :love
My last few days chicken rundown is I/we went up Koke'e and loaded up on mulch (oh yeah!) Came down and distributed in coop and run and under orange tree. Flies are getting bad after the rains.
Gave and have been giving the flock vitamins in their waterers off and mostly on as I have a few sneezes still. No other signs... 🤔 just 2 who sneeze for the last 4+ days. Maybe vits are helping keep it contained. Gotta do the winter close up of the coop today.
Trimmed a few snaggle toes and did a bug check. Girls look fab ♡ clean and clear.
20211214_174047.jpg

Ready to call my 4 buff Brahma chicks as 2 girls, 2 boys. Let's hope the gal I sold to has 2 girls so I can keep these 2 pullets. I have the boys posted. Wish me luck that someone wants a future roo for Xmas or Hanukkah or maybe birthday or New Years...
20211214_174353~2.jpg
20211214_174217~2.jpg

I've also got this guy listed but..... but... I think I'd rather get rid of my pure Dark and Buff Brahmas. Just a hard decision to make but it would be much easier for me and the flock. Oh what to do, what to do... 🤔
20211214_174341~2.jpg

Guess its a good problem to have :idunno

Okay guys! Things are getting very frustrating! I have another sickly chicken :-( Fluff was all puffed up last night and his comb is very pale. So I decided to try treating them for coccidiosis…fingers crossed that’s what’s been the issue and we get it solved without anymore fatalities. :-(

Attachments

• DA4B2638-4771-4B81-8E72-E013C5BE2B89.jpeg
    DA4B2638-4771-4B81-8E72-E013C5BE2B89.jpeg
    637.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FD74A256-29EB-4D7E-94BC-E33A222F0C58.jpeg
    FD74A256-29EB-4D7E-94BC-E33A222F0C58.jpeg
    491.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom