What did you do with your flock today?

I just had the most Zen moments with my flock this eve. I put the littles in a garden box during the day after a little run time. They were into dirt baths so I just figured why not let them continue on. In the eve I lifted the lid and they all fluttered out as babies do. To my surprise the rest of the flock who is living separate but together and anywhere from old farts to young teens started gravitating over to where they were for one reason or the other. Hens started scratching, pullets big sintered, a cockerel showed them how to pick at leaves and my roo came over when Forest kitty got too close. It was the most fantastic dynamic I have ever seen my flock have. They were truly a team, a flock, a family. I was blown away. Normally everyone wants to beat up on the babies. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
20211124_162830.jpg
20211124_162827~2.jpg
20211124_162828~2.jpg
20211124_162331~2.jpg

Last edited:
I just had the most Zen moments with my flock this eve. I put the littles in a garden box during the day after a little run time. They were into dirt baths so I just figured why not let them continue on. In the eve I lifted the lid and they all fluttered out as babies do. To my surprise the rest of the flock who is living separate but together and anywhere from old farts to young teens started gravitating over to where they were for one reason or the other. Hens started scratching, pullets big sintered, a cockerel showed them how to pick at leaves and my roo came over when Forest kitty got too close. It was the most fantastic dynamic I have ever seen my flock have. They were truly a team, a flock, a family. I was blown away. Normally everyone wants to beat up on the babies. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️View attachment 2908709View attachment 2908712View attachment 2908713View attachment 2908715
Aww, I love the babies doing zoomies around the yard! That was always one of my favorite stages of chicks, aside from the obvious fuzzy baby stage. XD
I’m glad they’re all getting along! It sounds really nice to watch!

Back
Top Bottom