What did you do with your flock today?

Okay, @FrankieDoodle I did it! :D Thanks for the awesome idea!! I titled it "All My Chickens" hehehe.

Attachments

• AllMyChickens_9-2021.jpg
    AllMyChickens_9-2021.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 5
You guys are nuts :lau:gig:jumpy:gig:clap

Speaking of nuts. My dh texted me that he bought a RR chick today. I texted him back and said he had to turn around and go pick up 2 more. The hen would not except him sneaking another chick under her and he was going to have to raise them in the brooder. Ya know he actually did turn around and bought another one lol. This is the guy who gave me a hard time when I had 12 chickens... he has officially brought our total up to 27 w/ 9 eggs in the bator and Dusty sitting on 2. Nuts... totally contagious.... but I am not going to do a collage of chickens... yet.

You guys are nuts :lau:gig:jumpy:gig:clap

Speaking of nuts. My dh texted me that he bought a RR chick today. I texted him back and said he had to turn around and go pick up 2 more. The hen would not except him sneaking another chick under her and he was going to have to raise them in the brooder. Ya know he actually did turn around and bought another one lol. This is the guy who gave me a hard time when I had 12 chickens... he has officially brought our total up to 27 w/ 9 eggs in the bator and Dusty sitting on 2. Nuts... totally contagious.... but I am not going to do a collage of chickens... yet.
My mom thinks so too, haha! 😂 Chickens really are contagious!! Pretty soon you’re gonna want a collage too! 😂

I love it! You have some beautiful birds. I also really like how you put a picture of your coop in the middle.
Thanks!! I’m quite proud of my little coop! I’m a huge Indigo Girls fan so I found the play on words fun! Plus almost all my chickens are some shade of “blue” or blue genetics! It’s a stretch I know hehe.

It’s a beautiful coop! Did you build it? I love the wreath.
Thanks!! I love the wreath too 😍 I didn’t, I wish I was that handy! I got a D in shop and home making classes in high school haha 😂 I found a local guy who builds them, upgrades to hardware cloth, paints them, adds optional roost bars and nest boxes, and delivers them for under $1000! In CA! It’s not huge, just enough for our backyard though :) He did an excellent job!

Sat with my 18 four-week-old chicklets and my Gracie for about an hour this afternoon. Gave them mealworms (again) and some chopped fresh tomato (first time), always a hoot! Even at this age the little cockerels are feeling their oats, chest-bumping each other, flying at each other, standing tall and glaring and daring each other, just generally trying to see what each cocky dude'll do (hah!). Yesterday they had their first dirt baths. One found a dusty spot and experimented, quickly learning the joys of dustbathing. And before long, all 18 were rolling around, kicking each other in the face, having a wonderful time!

Back
Top Bottom